Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX DLPAR capable with IVM - checks to do Post 302783289 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 08:05:08 AM
Old 03-20-2013
I am guessing that the two versions of VIOS and AIX do not communicate with each other. They changed the names of the lsrsrc components.

I expect if you can get your AIX 5.3 updated to at least TL7 (best guess, there were a lot of changes to bring AIX 5.3 in line with AIX 6) it might work.

command I use to see what is known is:
Code:
for i in `lsrsrc | grep IBM`
do
lsrsrc $i
echo
done

One of these should have related information. But basically, my gut says the client does not know how to converse with VIOS.

Not recommended!!! Or - Install a 1.X VIOS. I think it is easier to install/update one partition and see if it works then than go backwards with VIOS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Importing a unix file dump into a PC capable database

My development team has been trying to figure out how to import a unix data dump into SQL Server or convert it into an intermediate file format for several days. The data dump in question looks like this: $RecordID: 1<eof> $Version: 1<eof> Category: 1<eof> Poster: John Doe<eof>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaltonF
7 Replies

2. AIX

Dlpar

Hi, Anybody had a problem trying to rmdev a scsi device and get the following error : root@:/> rmdev -dlscsi3 -R Method error (/usr/lib/methods/ucfgncr_scsi): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. I can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stumpy
1 Replies

3. AIX

DLPAR Error

Hello, This is the foll error wen i try doin DLPAR from my VIO after adding the virtual adpaters on my clients: HSCL294C DLPAR ADD Virtual I/O resources failed: com.ibm.hsc.common.exceptions.PIHscClientException: HSCL294C DLPAR ADD Virtual I/O... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lildudesaif
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

forward/backward capable prompt

Hi, I would like to construct an interactive prompt for a series of bash shell scripts. This prompt will ask the user a series of questions, and the answers will determine which scripts are run, and in which order. I am familiar with the "read" command, and have successfully constructed a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best current usb capable NAS release?

Hello all, In looking around I see write ups on FreeNAS but they all look to be older writeups... What seems to be the current best usb based release of Unix to host a home file server? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
0 Replies

6. AIX

PCs Capable of Running AIX

Does anyone know of any personal computers or very small servers capable of running AIX? I would like to buy one and set it up at home so I can play and learn at the same time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svalenciatech
3 Replies

7. AIX

HMC - tracking dlpar

I am trying to generate a report to track dlpar operation performed on a MS and was wondering if anyone has done this before. I can get history from HMC using lssvcevents , but this does not give me details as to what quantity was added or removed . Any thoughts ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LPAR,DLPAR and WPAR

Can anyone please let know difference between LPAR/DLPAR/WPAR. and its purpose ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavithran
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX: DLPAR VFC - HMC v9

Hey All, I have running dual VIOS on a P9 systems, and just created a new LPAR profile. My objective is to create LPAR Client VFC adapters, and then DLPAR VFC Server adapters on the VIOS. In the HMC v9 Enhanced GUI, I have DLPAR a VFC adapter to both VIOS, however, you can't specify the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
1 Replies

10. AIX

LPAR RMC state for DLPAR

Hello, I have checked the state of rmc on the HMC as below: HMC1:~> lssyscfg -r lpar -m Server-xxx -F lpar_id,state,rmc_state,rmc_ipaddr,os_version,dlpar_mem_capable,dlpar_proc_capable,dlpar_io_capable --filter "lpar_ids=4" 4,Running,inactive,10.176.x.x,VIOS 2.2.6.51,0,0,0 HMC1:~> lssyscfg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
2 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)