Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regexp to separated rows by "asterisks-new line" in awk Post 302782433 by Ophiuchus on Monday 18th of March 2013 10:55:07 PM
Old 03-18-2013
Hello rdrtx1,

Thank you for your help, it works, but I need to have all values between "..**Start of REG N**.." and "..**End of REG N**.."
in a unique row, because I want to have each value as a field.

For this reason I looking for how to set a working Regexp as a row separator RS.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut a file using " ", but fields can be separated with more than one " "

Hello, let's say I have a text file: word11 word12 word13 word21 word22 word23 word31 word32 word33 and I want to put the second field of each line into a list: set list = `cut -d" " -f2 ${1}` and I use space (" ") as a delimiter, only that there's a catch: there can be more than... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK for multiple line records RS="^" FS="#"

I have to pull multiple line records with ^ as the record separator(RS)... # should be my field separator (FS)... Sample record is: ^-60#ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource ORA-00001: unique constraint (SARADM.TCKNUM_PK) violated#PROC:AVAILABLE_FOR_GETNXTTIC#02/27/2012... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk :help to parse a file to change to separated by colon ":"

Hi experts , I am trying to get the below output: file : 0/6/4/1 0x0019503C2E26 5 UP lan5 snap5 1 ETHER Yes 224 0/6/4/0 0x0019503C2E25 6 UP lan6 snap6 2 ETHER Yes 224 0/2/1/0 0x0019503E6900 0 UP lan0 snap0 3 ETHER Yes 224... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
FBSQL_RESULT(3) 							 1							   FBSQL_RESULT(3)

fbsql_result - Get result data

SYNOPSIS
mixed fbsql_result (resource $result, [int $row], [mixed $field]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the contents of one cell from a FrontBase $result set. When working on large result sets, you should consider using one of the functions that fetch an entire row (specified below). As these functions return the contents of multiple cells in one function call, they're MUCH quicker than fbsql_result(3). Calls to fbsql_result(3) should not be mixed with calls to other functions that deal with the result set. PARAMETERS
o $ result -A result identifier returned by fbsql_query(3) or fbsql_db_query(3). o $row - o $field - Can be the field's offset, or the field's name, or the field's table dot field's name (tablename.fieldname). If the column name has been aliased ('select foo as bar from...'), use the alias instead of the column name. Note Specifying a numeric offset for the field argument is much quicker than specifying a fieldname or tablename.fieldname argu- ment. RETURN VALUES
SEE ALSO
Recommended high-performance alternatives: fbsql_fetch_row(3), fbsql_fetch_array(3), fbsql_fetch_assoc(3), fbsql_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_RESULT(3)