Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto generate Line Numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto generate Line Numbers Post 302782395 by hanson44 on Monday 18th of March 2013 05:47:05 PM
Old 03-18-2013
If the vi does not work, this will work:
Code:
nl -s "" infile | sed "s/^ *//"

Or, you can do same in vim, maybe other vi versions:
Code:
:1,$ !nl -s "" | sed "s/^ *//"

Or, vi has the :set nu command in case that is what you are looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate level numbers

Hi... I have a sequence of jobs and its predecessors.. Input Job_Name Predecessor A NULL B1 A B2 A B3 B1 C B3 C B2 So based on these i have to generate the level Number What i mean is Let A be level 1 for B1 to happen it should have done A so B1 level is A+1 = 1+1 = 2 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a series of numbers

Hi All, I have a requirement where in I have an input as follows:- input=1-4,6,8-10,12-15 I need to explode this range into an output file as follows:- 1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 My input may vary like 1,5-9,11-13,15-17....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rony_daniel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to auto process ten random files and generate logs

Hello member's I'm learning to script in the ksh environment on a Solaris Box. I have 10 files in a directory that I need to pass, as input to a batch job one by one. lets say, the files are named as follows: abcd.txt ; efgh.bat ; wxyz.temp etc. (random filenames with varied extensions ).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto generate ID

Using 'awk' i want to generate new ID..which should be increment of maximum number given as UID.. eg..in /etc/passwd..3rd field is UID..and we just want next user ID for this file..keep in mind that file is not sorted..so last line in the file may not display last UID..means UIDs in file are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Auto Generate pg_hba.conf file at Startup

Hi there, I'll start by letting you you know my current shell programming and scripting is very week (and thats a euphemistic description). I'm really just wanting someone to make a suggestion to get me rolling in the right direction though absolutely any help is of course welcome. Set Up -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukusc
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate 10.000 unique numbers?

hello, does anybody can give me a hint on how to generate a lot of numbers which are not identically via scripting etc? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xrays
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate numbers 000 to 999

I have tried to make this script to generate: 000 001 002 ... 997 998 999 i=0 while do if then echo "00"$i else if && then echo "0"$i (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
5 Replies

8. Programming

generate array of random numbers

hi guys, I am writing a c program that generates a two dimensional array to make matrix and a vector of random numbers and perform multiplication. I can't figure out whats wrong with my code. It generates a matrix of random numbers but all the numbers in the vector array is same and so is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saboture88
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate random numbers in script

i want to generate a random number through a script, and even if anyone reads the script, they wont be able to figure out what the random number is. only the person who setup the script would know it. something like this could work: random the full thread is here: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate sequence of numbers

I need awk script to generate part number sequencing based on data in multiple columns like below Input File --------- Col A|Col B|Col C| 1|a|x| 2|b|y| |c|z| | |m| | |n| And out put should be like 1ax 1ay 1az 1am 1an 1bx 1by (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aramacha
6 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)