Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's UNIX Expert's suggestion for this thread ? Post 302781891 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 18th of March 2013 03:43:57 AM
Old 03-18-2013
Dear Sir, column is in file and function abc is only for file with unique ID

and for file's with same ID, there are 3 function,
1. 1st function should be executed only once that is at starting(don't repeat)
2. 2nd function should be executed till filecount <no of files(repeat)
3. 3rd function should be executed when filecount==no of files(don't repeat)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion for unix.com

I am relatively new here ...but I had a suggestion. The first time I visited this site I tried to go to unix.com and it did not go anywhere I then said ok let try www.unix.com. I think that it would be a good pratice to change the zone file file so that when you go to unix.com it comes here as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestion: Alternative OS for Windows - Totally Clueless on Unix/Linux OS

Can anyone tell me a good alternative to Windows? OS that can connect to a Windows domain and use for everyday (can use with Oracle). Easy to learn. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesisX
4 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Re: Suggestion to ease navigation .... thread

This post should be an edit of the post I just made to start the "Suggestion to ease navigation ..." thread, but my original post is not visible to edit, since it's waiting for moderator approval ... Additional text I wanted to add to my original post: The title of the The UNIX and Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usnay12345
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion Required for UNIX career

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need a suggestion on UNIX Books

Hi All, Request you to suggest any other book as of year 2013. The below thread is of year 2000 and I have not found the books mentioned in the link below. Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days? Or please share any updated thread is there on this. Thanks and regards,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Didn't find a suggestion thread

An 'addition' to the "Homework & Classes" requirements.. As i am someone without paper, i just figured i got tempred reading such a question. To avoid such 'feelings' in future, i'd be thankfull if the 'kind & definition of the course' would be required too. As in (i dont know about proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Looking for suggestion on authentication method for UNIX/Windows

Hello, We have mid level infrastructure of all on-premises servers. All windows servers are getting authenticated by Microsoft Active Directory Services, half Unix (Solaris+Linux) servers are getting authentication by NIS and other half by LDAP. We have plans to migrate from NIS to LDAP, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Any Google SEO Expert to Help UNIX.COM?

I checked (again) and it seems like we lost 70% of our Google indexed links starting in March 2018. So far, I do not know what caused this drop: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture904.png As mentioned, I have done a lot of checking, and we did not make any changes in March of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
telecode(5)							File Formats Manual						       telecode(5)

NAME
telecode - A character encoding system (codeset) for Traditional Chinese DESCRIPTION
The Telecode codeset (called Mitac Telex in early versions of the operating system) consists of 2 character planes. Each character plane has 8836 character positions. In plane 1, standard characters occupy positions 0001 to 8045; the remaining 791 positions are for user- defined characters. In plane 2, standard characters occupy positions 0001 to 8489; the remaining 346 positions are for user-defined charac- ters. Telecode uses 2-byte values to represent characters on both planes. Plane 1 Character Encoding To differentiate plane 1 code from plane 2 code, the most significant bit (MSB) is set on in both bytes of a plane 1 character code. The following formula calculates the value of a plane 1 character from its position on the plane: 1st byte = M + 161 2nd byte = N + 161 - M x 94 In this formula, N is the position of the character and M = N / 94. For example, if a character is at position 2502 on plane 1, its encoding value is BBDB, which is calculated as follows: N = 2502, M = 2502/94 = 26 1st byte = 26 + 161 = 187 2nd byte = 2502 + 161 - 26 x 94 = 219 Plane 2 Character Encoding To differentiate plane 2 code from plane 1 code, the MSB of the first byte is set on and that of the second byte is set off for each plane 2 character code. The following formula calculates the value of a plane 2 character from its position: 1st byte = M + 161 2nd byte = N + 33 - M x 94 In this formula, N is the position of the character on the plane and M = N / 94. For example, if a character is at position 2502 on plane 2, its encoding value is BB5B, which is calculated as follows: N = 2502, M = 2502/94 = 26 1st byte = 26 + 161 = 187 2nd byte = 2502 + 33 - 26 x 94 = 91 Codeset Conversion The following codeset converter pairs are available for converting Traditional Chinese characters between telecode and other encoding for- mats. Refer to iconv_intro(5) for an introduction to codeset conversion. For more information about the other codeset for which telecode is the input or output, see the reference page specified in the list item. big5_telecode, telecode_big5 Converting from and to the Big-5 codeset: big5(5). Note that Big-5 encoding is equivalent to the Microsoft code-page format used on PCs for Traditional Chinese. You can therefore use these converters to convert Traditional Chinese characters between PC code page format and Telecode encoding format. For more infor- mation on how the operating system supports PC code pages, see code_page(5). dechanyu_telecode, telecode_dechanyu Converting from and to the DEC Hanyu codeset: dechanyu(5). eucTW_telecode, telecode_eucTW Converting from and to Taiwanese Extended UNIX Code: eucTW(5). Font Support for Telecode The operating system supports Telecode only through conversion to another codeset. SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: ascii(5), big5(5), Chinese(5), code_page(5), dechanyu(5), dechanzi(5), eucTW(5), GBK(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), iconv_intro(5), l10n_intro(5), sbig5(5) telecode(5)