Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy real file from a shortcut preserving the time stamps and directory tree Post 302781603 by gogok_bg on Sunday 17th of March 2013 08:52:56 AM
Old 03-17-2013
Well since i am posting here you should assume i am talking about linux not windows. I guess that C:\ made the wrong impression ^ ^.

BTW if it can`t be done assume i have a document file with the path of the files i need to copy:

Can this be copy like this:

with preserved date stamps ?

i wood really prefer if they are is a way to achieve the first task tho ( meening the one with the shorcuts )

ps: NEED to do this in LINUX if they are is still some sort of confusion Smilie
ps2: windows SUX, LINUX ROKS \o/
ps3: I am still loving u all, if you wonna know how ... i just have extremely big hart :P

Last edited by gogok_bg; 03-17-2013 at 10:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from fileList.txt, copy files from directory tree

Hi, hopefully this is a fairly simple Q&A. I have a clean file list of approximately 180 filenames with no directory or slashes in front of the filename nor any extension or dot ".". I would like to read from this list, find these files recursively down through directory trees, copy the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing time stamps

Hello All, I'm generating timestamps (file creation timestamps) for all the files in a directory. I need to compare all the timestamps. for example if i have 4 files and their timestamps are 20091125114556, 20091125114556,20091125114556,20091125114556 respectively. I need to differentiate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Search file between two time stamps

Hi, I am on a windows system that receives files from differnet host, I have to find the count of files that we receive between specific time. The code below is what i use to count the number of file, how do i change this to count files between specfic time opendir ( DIR, $dir ) || die... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a tree of directory

Mi question is how can you copy only de three of directory and not the files in it. Only a need the three of directorys not the files (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory tree with files

Iam in the process of copying a directory with thousands of directories and files into a new directory. I need to preserve permissions, owner, group, date and timestamps, everything. Iam using AIX and would need help of writing the command whether it is cp-RP or cpio. Apprecaite your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment time stamps.

Hi Gents. Please can you help me to solve a problem. I have a long list of files, which I need to change the time stamp. -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb 8 10:40 00000009.segd -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb 8 10:40 00000010.segd -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Copy subfolder to another directory preserving parent name

Hi, I have the following folder structure: Folder6100/Data Folder6100/Data Folder6120/Data Folder6120/Data Folder6140/Data Folder6140/Data Folder6160/Data Folder6160/Data Folder6180/Data Folder6180/Data Folder6200/Data Folder6220/Data Folder6240/Data Folder6260/Data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the Logs between two Time Stamps?

Hi, I have been working on the error Log script, where errors are pulled from server. I need to pull the data of the error logs between two dates & time, for example : 22/12/2014 20:00:00 22/12/2014 22:00:00 Whatever error have came during this duration. Now the question is the record... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitgpta90
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Directory Tree from one Server to Another

Hi, I have a serverA with Directory "/opt/app/myfiles" which is 8.5GB with more than 40000 files and 45 folders in it. I wish to transfer the folder "/opt/app/myfiles" tree structure with all the sub-directories and skip all files to another serverB. I would appreciate a command that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
JPEGICC(1)						      General Commands Manual							JPEGICC(1)

NAME
jpegicc - little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. SYNOPSIS
jpegicc [options] input.jpg output.jpg DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. jpegicc is little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. OPTIONS
-b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile. -p profile Soft proof profile -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: jpegicc -iscanner.icm in.jpg out.jpg To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: jpegicc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.jpg out.jpg To make a CMYK separation: jpegicc -oprinter.icm inrgb.jpg outcmyk.jpg To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: jpegicc -iprinter.icm incmyk.jpg outrgb.jpg To convert from CIELab ITU/Fax JPEG to sRGB jpegicc -iitufax.icm in.jpg out.jpg NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tifficc(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWlcms | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for LCMS is available on http://opensolaris.org. September 30, 2004 JPEGICC(1)