Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to install Octave?
Top Forums Programming How to install Octave? Post 302781295 by Michele31416 on Saturday 16th of March 2013 01:16:16 AM
Old 03-16-2013
OK, now I'm stuck again. I installed the package but apparently I need to run octave-config in order to set up some environment variables. But they're not getting set:
Code:
-bash-3.00$ cd /usr/local/bin
-bash-3.00$ ls
mkoctfile             octave-2.1.73         octave-config
mkoctfile-2.1.73      octave-bug            octave-config-2.1.73
octave                octave-bug-2.1.73
-bash-3.00$ sh octave-config
usage: octave-config [options]
-bash-3.00$ more octave-config
#! /bin/sh -
#
# octave-config - reports some configuration values for Octave
#
# Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@laboissiere.net>
# This script is in the public domain

API_VERSION=""api-v13""
CANONICAL_HOST_TYPE=""sparc-sun-solaris2.10""
DEFAULT_PAGER=""less""
ARCHLIBDIR=""/usr/local/libexec/octave/2.1.73/exec/sparc-sun-solaris2.10""
BINDIR=""/usr/local/bin""
DATADIR=""/usr/local/share""
EXEC_PREFIX=""/usr/local""
FCNFILEDIR=""/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.73/m""
FCNFILEPATH="".:/usr/local/libexec/octave/2.1.73/site/oct/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/
/:/usr/local/libexec/octave/site/oct/api-v13/sparc-sun-solaris2.10//:/usr/local/
libexec/octave/site/oct/sparc-sun-solaris2.10//:/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.73/s
ite/m//:/usr/local/share/octave/site/api-v13/m//:/usr/local/share/octave/site/m/
/:/usr/local/libexec/octave/2.1.73/oct/sparc-sun-solaris2.10//:/usr/local/share/
octave/2.1.73/m//""
IMAGEDIR=""/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.73/imagelib""
--More--(19%) ^C

-bash-3.00$ echo $FCNFILEDIR

-bash-3.00$

???

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Octave --- My octuple boot laptop

As I promised in several threads, here are some notes on how I installed several Operating Systems on my laptap. I will give links to the tools that I obtained from various third parties. And I will include the source code for a few scripts that I wrote. Introduction A few months ago the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shc usage with octave scripts - HOW ????

Hello there. I would like to know how to use shc (the generic shell script compiler ) with octave scripts. With sh scripts it works fine (because it automatically recognizes the interpreter - here bash ). But when use with octave scripts like this easy one #! /usr/bin/octave disp("testing...")... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiriad
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Where Octave stores it's variables

Hej guys, I'm doing some simple matrix operations with octave and don't know where and how it stores it's variables. Is there any file somewhere that could be accessed? I was using MATLAB before and now Octave is new for me. Or maybe I should use some commands to save and load it. but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using Octave and bash command together

Hej all, I have an script which I run it with Octave command in Linux, I want to know how could I put bash commands like grep and sed and use them together with octave? My Octave script: Script.sh: m = load ("file", "-ascii") for i=1:10 g(i)= sin(m) end and then I use this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies
OCTAVE-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  OCTAVE-CONFIG(1)

NAME
octave-config - GNU Octave component and library information retrieval SYNOPSIS
octave-config [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
octave-config is a tool to obtain directory information for .oct and .m files for octave(1). OPTIONS
--m-site-dir Display the main directory for local, or site-specific, .m script files. --oct-site-dir Display the main directory for local, or site-specific, .oct dynamic-link libraries. -p VAR, --print VAR Print the default value of the Octave configuration variable VAR. Recognized variables are: API_VERSION LOCALAPIOCTFILEDIR ARCHLIBDIR LOCALARCHLIBDIR BINDIR LOCALFCNFILEDIR CANONICAL_HOST_TYPE LOCALOCTFILEDIR DATADIR LOCALSTARTUPFILEDIR DATAROOTDIR LOCALVERARCHLIBDIR DEFAULT_PAGER LOCALVERFCNFILEDIR EXEC_PREFIX LOCALVEROCTFILEDIR FCNFILEDIR MAN1DIR IMAGEDIR MAN1EXT INCLUDEDIR MANDIR INFODIR OCTFILEDIR INFOFILE OCTINCLUDEDIR LIBDIR OCTLIBDIR LIBEXECDIR PREFIX LOCALAPIARCHLIBDIR STARTUPFILEDIR LOCALAPIFCNFILEDIR VERSION -v, --version Display the version number of octave(1). -h, -?, --help Print help message. AUTHOR
John W. Eaton <jwe@octave.org> This manual page was contributed by Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution but may be used by others. GNU Octave 4 February 2011 OCTAVE-CONFIG(1)