Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Enter number of days and get calender Post 302781169 by RudiC on Friday 15th of March 2013 04:37:07 PM
Old 03-15-2013
Code:
$ date -d "45day" +"%a %b %d %Y"
Mon Apr 29 2013
$ date --version
date (GNU coreutils) 8.13

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calc number of days in a month

Looking for some help on capturing the number of days in a month to set as a loop counter. Any ideas, please let me know. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flounder
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of days between two distinct dates

Hi I'm looking for a .ksh script/function that will calculate ONLY the number of days between two distinct dates. Further convert the number of days to weeks and display. I need this to be part of another larger script that checks the password expiry on several servers and notifies the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheymohan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of working days

Hi There, Can you help me writing an unix script which tells me number of working days between two dates. say d1 and d2. The answer should be Integer. is it possible in Unix. cheers, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get number of days between given dates

Hi I need one single command to get number of days between two given dates.datecalc is not working. ex. fromdate:01.04.2010 todate :24.04.2010 i should get the out put as 23 Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days in the previous month

Hi all. I am scripting in a POSIX shell on HPUX. I am running a script that needs to determine the number of days in a month. I found this on the forum and it works great: X=`cal $(date +%m) $(date +%Y) | grep -v '' | wc -w` The issue is that I am running the script on the 7th day of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyoncc
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days in month from certain parameters

Hi, I have an issue in date processing, the issue is I have a month as an int ( 1 - 12 ), the weekday as int ( 0 - 6 , 0 = Sunday), and the week day in month as int ( 0 - 5, 5 = last ex: first sunday, last monday, third tuesday ... ), now from those three parameters is there a possible way to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: modn3
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a directory after X number of days

Hi How do I remove a directory which are some days old . For Ex : $ cd /WMID/data/temp/TxTest/Dev/txStore $ ls -ltr total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 wmethods wmapp 80 Jul 21 03:36 0AE445C4 drwxr-xr-x 3 wmethods wmapp 80 Jul 21 04:00 0AE44664 drwxr-xr-x 3 wmethods... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo76
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days in current month

I have a homework assignment: ---------------------------------------- "Display" the number of days in the current month. For example: September 1996 has 30 days ---------------------------------------- I am trying to just display the head of cal to start the sentence. eg. cal | head ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eaafuddy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print enter line number

Hi, I have below text file wer,r5yut,dfy5y,dytry w45w,vbjjbh,xfsd,ctfyuk xdte56,rty6r,r645,976fd w34r,dtyer,d5tyty,fdyrt I want to get an O/P the enter rows for example if I enter 2, the first row should print output wer,r5yut,dfy5y,dytry w45w,vbjjbh,xfsd,ctfyuk (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get number of days between 2 dates

Gents. Please can u help. I would like to calculate the days between two dates. Example file1 ( previous date) file1 - Input file 9/29/2010 10195 9/29/2010 1057 2/2/2016 10 2/2/2016 10169 2/2/2016 1057 2/3/2016 10005 2/3/2016 10014 In file2 I add the actual date using this code.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
9 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD