Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Want to download a latest file with current date from FTP location Post 302781137 by verdepollo on Friday 15th of March 2013 03:11:56 PM
Old 03-15-2013
Or use a more "scrip-friendly" tool like curl, lftp, ncftp, etc. All of them support wildcards, time comparisson, listing, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Extracting date from file name and comparing with current date

I need to extract the date part from the file name (20080221 in this ex) and compare it with the current date and delete it, if it is a past date. $file = exp_ABCD4_T-2584780_upto_20080221.dmp.Z really appreciate any help. thanks mkneni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory

Dear all, Hope you are doing well. I am in trouble to write a shell for ftp downloading the latest file from remote server. Situation: There is a directory named 'weekly' which contains .csv files with the following pattern: RES_EN_100417-080003.csv.Z. The new file is generated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel1014
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)?

i have files like 1)20131112_abc_01.csv and 2)20131113_abc_01.csv and 3)20131113_abc_02.csv when i try to fetch the file in the next day. it shud pick the third file.. plz help me.. and i use `date +"%Y%m%d"` command to fetch..it fetches the current date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: applepie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl to download file from subdivx.com after following location without knowing the file name/extens

This question could be specific to the site subdivx.com In the past, I've been able to download a file following location using cURL but there is something about subdivx.com that's different and can't figure out how to get it to work. I tried the following directly in the terminal with no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MoonD
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

“sed” replace date in text file with current date

We want to call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ Code: line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
3 Replies
CURLOPT_REFERER(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						CURLOPT_REFERER(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_REFERER - set the HTTP referer header SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_REFERER, char *where); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a zero terminated string as parameter. It will be used to set the Referer: header in the http request sent to the remote server. This can be used to fool servers or scripts. You can also set any custom header with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* tell it where we found the link to this place */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_REFERER, "http://example.com/aboutme.html"); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
If built with HTTP support RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP support is enabled, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_USERAGENT(3), CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_REFERER(3)