Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segmentation Fault in BASH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Segmentation Fault in BASH Post 302780995 by twjolson on Friday 15th of March 2013 10:48:29 AM
Old 03-15-2013
Segmentation Fault in BASH

So I am writing a script that will interpret the partition table of a forensic evidence file, find the unallocated spaces, then determine if those spaces are empty or contain data.

I am stuck on the first command. *facepalm*

The command is mmls. When I run mmls <image> in BASH, no problem. When I run mmls in the script (even with nothing else), I get a segmentation fault (with a 4k or 5k number). This occurs whether I use $1 or $image as an argument for mmls.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

segmentation fault

sometimes for this code i get a segmentation fault for codes llike this : int main{ int * a= 0; int b; a = (int*)malloc(sizeof(int)); ///some code using these variable but no freeing of a if(a){ free(a); a = 0; } return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

2. Linux

Segmentation fault

Hi, on a linux Red HAT(with Oracle DB 9.2.0.7) I have following error : RMAN> delete obsolete; RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command RMAN retention policy is set to redundancy 2 using channel ORA_DISK_1 Segmentation fault What does it mean ? And the solution ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

3. Programming

Why not a segmentation fault??

Hi, Why I don't receive a segmentation fault in the following sample. int main(void) { char buff; sprintf(buff,"Hello world"); printf("%s\n",buff); } If I define a buffer of 10 elements and I'm trying to put inside it twelve elements, Should I receive a sigsev... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
22 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

5. Programming

Segmentation fault.

I'm getting a segmentation fault. I'm new to Linux programming. Thanks so much for all of your input.:eek: #include </usr/include/mysql++/mysql++.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int outputToImport(const char*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

6. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Segmentation Fault

this is a network programming code to run a rock paper scissors in a client and server. I completed it and it was working without any error. After I added the findWinner function to the server code it starts giving me segmentation fault. -the segmentation fault is fixed Current problem -Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
3 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)

NAME
Pod::WSDL::Fault - Represents the WSDL pod describing the fault of a method (internal use only) SYNOPSIS
use Pod::WSDL::Fault; my $fault = new Pod::WSDL::Fault('_FAULT My::Fault This happens if something happens'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Pod::WSDL. It is unlikely that you have to interact directly with it. If that is the case, take a look at the code, it is rather simple. METHODS
new Instantiates a new Pod::WSDL::Fault. The method needs one parameter, the fault string from the pod. Please see SYNOPSIS or the section "Pod Syntax" in the description of Pod::WSDL. EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES
[none] EXAMPLES
see Pod::WSDL BUGS
see Pod::WSDL TODO
see Pod::WSDL SEE ALSO
Pod::WSDL :-) AUTHOR
Tarek Ahmed, <bloerch -the character every email address contains- oelbsk.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Tarek Ahmed This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-18 Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)