Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Sendemail with Attachment Post 302780501 by DGPickett on Thursday 14th of March 2013 03:01:42 PM
Old 03-14-2013
The optimal tool can tell file types, text from binary and encode just the binary, do multiple attachemnts of various types identifying the type. There is an email fragment of two clean mime attachments here: Replace A File From Email Attachment

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating word document (.doc) with attachment in unix solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to creation a word document (.doc) in unix solaris which includes an attachment (i.e similar to insert -> object add attachment in windows) Requirement is to add files into .doc and the files is present in unix servers. Is it possible to do this within unix instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay547
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendEmail: Script and Array

I have a script that send email using sendEmail (CentOS shell) script is: sendEmail -vvv -u "TestCompany, Inc.: USB Added" -f user@domain.com -t To@domain.com -s ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com -m "USB Activity" -o tls=aut o username=user3@domain.com password=password So far this works fine. Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sent an email attachment, but the attachment is empty

I'm trying to send a .zip file from my unix box to my work email (email client outlook) The file name that I'm trying to sent is sites.zip and this is how I do it: uuencode sites.zip | mailx -s "testing" myname@mydomain.com When I open the .zip, the zip is empty. Looking around the we, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amb1s1
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail - Script reading database file with sleep command

Hello, I would like to send email message to my mail list. I have been running linux based server and I submitted this process manually up to now. I would like to send each individual with a shell script. In ssh panel, I tested below command and it works smoothly. sendEmail -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Sendemail... is there a receivemail?

Hello, I installed the sendemail program for commandline/script outgoing mail. It works great. I was wondering if there is some simple program to receive mail. Something like the sendemail program... Grtz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylier
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Send multi content email using sendemail utility

Hi Guys, I am trying to send email from solaris server using sendemail utility. I want to send multi content email. For example, i want to send email body with html file and a attachment of txt file. I using below code but the html not render correctly in email body. ( echo "To:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendemail Error - Authentication... failed

SCO Unix OpenServer v6. We use the script below for sending mass emails with attachments. sendemail -f $From_user -o message-file=/u/fg4/data/EmailDefaultBody.html -u $su bj -s $MAIL_SRVR -xu $MAIL_USER -xp $MAIL_PSWD -a $emlname.pdf -t $MAILTO MAIL_SVR=SMPTOUT.SECURESERVER.NET ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jet47
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail and Variable

Hi everyone, I try to send an email with "sendemail", I created four variables for do cleaner but it doesn't work :( below : #!/bin/bash sender=$(X@x.com) recipient=$(x@x.com) subject=$(Files Copy) server=$(x.x.x.x) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m blablabla... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendemail how to send an email with a subject variable

Hi,:) I try this : #!/bin/bash sender="me@example.com" recipient="you@example.com" subject="TEST FILE" server="0.0.0.0" file=$(cat file.txt) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m $file My file.txt: BLABLALA BLABLABLA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies
LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::Mailer - Mail output for LedgerSMB SYNOPSIS
COPYRIGHT
#==================================================================== # LedgerSMB # Small Medium Business Accounting software # http://www.ledgersmb.org/ # # Copyright (C) 2006 # This work contains copyrighted information from a number of sources # all used with permission. # # This file contains source code included with or based on SQL-Ledger # which # is Copyright Dieter Simader and DWS Systems Inc. 2000-2005 # and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or, at # your option, any later version. For a full list including contact # information of contributors, maintainers, and copyright holders, # see the CONTRIBUTORS file. # # Original Copyright Notice from SQL-Ledger 2.6.17 (before the fork): # Copyright (C) 2002 # # Author: DWS Systems Inc. # Web: http://www.sql-ledger.org # # Contributors: # # Original Author and copyright holder: # Dieter Simader dsmimader@sql-ledger.com #==================================================================== METHODS
LedgerSMB::Mailer->new(...) Create a new Mailer object. If any arguments are passed in, a message that uses them will be automatically prepared but not sent. $mail->prepare_message(to => $to, from => $from, ...) Prepares and encodes base message for sending or adding attachments. Arguments to, from, cc, bcc Address fields for the email. subject The subject for the email. message The message body for the email. contenttype The conttent type for the body of the message, not for any attachments. notify Sets the Disposition-Notification-To header (read receipt request) for the message. This header will only be added if a from address is set. $mail->attach(data => $data, file => $file, filename => $name, strip => $strip) Add an attachment to the prepared message. If $data is specified, use the value of that variable as the attachment value, otherwise attach the file given by $file. If both a file and data are given, the data is attached. filename must be given and is used to name the attachment. $strip is an optional string to remove from the filename send with the attachment. $mail->send Sends a prepared message using the method configured in ledgersmb.conf. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-26 LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)