Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change indentation in scripts Post 302780275 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 14th of March 2013 08:41:16 AM
Old 03-14-2013
Brilliant!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find all scripts to change DNS name??

hi, we are going for a new unix box and the ip and DNS name has to be changed in all the scripts, where ever it is hard coded. i was trying the below mentioned command to list all such scripts where the ip/dns name is hard coded: find / -type f -print | xargs grep -l "ip address" >>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
0 Replies

2. Programming

A question of indentation

Hi, Using GNU indent(1) I tried to indent a C source file which has no indentation (all lines start at column 1). The result I am trying to achieve, should look like this with the exception that only tabs are used for indentation (no spaces). Unfortunately, I couldn't find the appropriate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michael Iatrou
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the same change in multiple shell scripts?

I would like to make the same change in multiple shell script files and would like to know if anyone can be of some help? I would appreciate it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdakhan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts fails if you change its code during the execution.

So a script is working properly (tested many times) , then you add a new fine piece of code ,finaly its fails generally with a syntax error at the last line of the script. :confused:... does anybody why this happens? >uname -a HP-UX test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indentation help

Hi I have coded 300 line script.Its not indented properly.i am not good at indentation. I would appreciate your help on this. i want to use a 4 space indentataion.Hence if i "set tabstop=4" and use tabs for coding and if some one else open this script in their system it looks unindented since... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What files or programs have the ability to change your default network scripts and config

What files or programs have the ability to change your default network scripts and config files? All 3 of these very important files got changed on their own. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-wlan0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anybody change this into Linux shell scripts?

@echo off SET "p0=%~0" SET "p1=%~1" SET "p2=%~2" SET "p3=%~3" SET "p4=%~4" SET "p5=%~5" SET "p6=%~6" SET "p7=%~7" SET "p8=%~8" SET "p9=%~9" SHIFT SET "p10=%~9" SHIFT SET "p11=%~9" SET "zip_path=D:\OraOutput\interco\%p10%" echo Program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monisha
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Indentation using awk

I need to write an awk program who does this http://i.stack.imgur.com/yzSqB.jpg I'd be very grateful for any help, Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy9050
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Indentation using awk

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to write an awk program who does this (sorry its too big) http://i.stack.imgur.com/yzSqB.jpg 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: .. 3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts): declaring a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy9050
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Indentation for Lists in html

An writing some html instructions to have text beside an image. The image is located on the left and I want the tect to appear on the right side of the image. The text includes a list. The problem is that the list boxes and not shifted. The text within the list align on the left with the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
20 Replies
cat(1)								   User Commands							    cat(1)

NAME
cat - concatenate and display files SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/cat /usr/bin/cat [-nbsuvet] [file...] ksh93 cat [-bdenstuvABDEST] [file...] DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/cat The cat utility reads each file in sequence and writes it on the standard output. Thus: example% cat file prints file on your terminal, and: example% cat file1 file2 >file3 concatenates file1 and file2, and writes the results in file3. If no input file is given, cat reads from the standard input file. ksh93 The cat built-in in ksh93 is associated with the /bin and /usr/bin paths. It is invoked when cat is executed without a pathname prefix and the pathname search finds a /bin/cat or /usr/bin/cat executable. cat copies each file in sequence to the standard output. If no file is specified, or if the file is -, cat copies from standard input starting at the current location. OPTIONS
/usr/bin/cat The following options are supported by /usr/bin/cat: -b Number the lines, as -n, but omit the line numbers from blank lines. -n Precede each line output with its line number. -s cat is silent about non-existent files. -u The output is not buffered. Buffered output is the default. -v Non-printing characters, with the exception of tabs, NEWLINEs and form feeds, are printed visibly. ASCII control characters (octal 000 - 037) are printed as ^n, where n is the corresponding ASCII character in the range octal 100 - 137 (@, A, B, C, . . ., X, Y, Z, [, , ], ^, and _); the DEL character (octal 0177) is printed ^?. Other non-printable characters are printed as M-x, where x is the ASCII character specified by the low-order seven bits. When used with the -v option, the following options can be used: -e A $ character is printed at the end of each line, prior to the NEWLINE. -t Tabs are printed as ^Is and form feeds to be printed as ^Ls. The -e and -t options are ignored if the -v option is not specified. ksh93 ksh93 cat supports the following options: -b --number-nonblank Number lines as with -n but omit line numbers from blank lines. -d --dos-input Open input files in text mode. Removes RETURNs in front of NEWLINEs on some systems. -e Equivalent to -vE. -n --number Insert a line number at the beginning of each line. -s Equivalent to -S for att universe and -B otherwise. -t Equivalent to -vT. -u --unbuffer Do not delay the output by buffering. -v --show-nonprinting Cause non-printing characters (with the exception of TABs, NEWLINEs, and form feeds) to be output as printable character sequences. ASCII control characters are printed as ^n, where n is the corresponding ASCII character in the range octal 100-137. The DEL character (octal 0177) is copied as ^?. Other non-printable characters are copied as M-x where x is the ASCII character specified by the low-order seven bits. Multi-byte characters in the current locale are treated as printable characters. -A --show-all Equivalent to -vET. -B --squeeze-blank Replace multiple adjacent NEWLINE characters with one NEWLINE. -D --dos-output Open output files in text mode. Insert RETURNs in front of NEWLINEs on some systems. -E --show-ends Insert a $ before each NEWLINE. -S --silent cat is silent about non-existent files. -T --show-blank Copies TABs as ^I and form feeds as ^L. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: file A path name of an input file. If no file is specified, the standard input is used. If file is -, cat reads from the standard input at that point in the sequence. cat does not close and reopen standard input when it is referenced in this way, but accepts multiple occurrences of - as file. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cat when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Concatenating a File The following command writes the contents of the file myfile to standard output: example% cat myfile Example 2 Concatenating Two files into One The following command concatenates the files doc1 and doc2 and writes the result to doc.all. example% cat doc1 doc2 > doc.all Example 3 Concatenating Two Arbitrary Pieces of Input with a Single Invocation When standard input is a terminal, the following command gets two arbitrary pieces of input from the terminal with a single invocation of cat: example% cat start - middle - end > file when standard input is a terminal, gets two arbitrary pieces of input from the terminal with a single invocation of cat. If standard input is a regular file, example% cat start - middle - end > file would be equivalent to the following command: cat start - middle /dev/null end > file because the entire contents of the file would be consumed by cat the first time - was used as a file operand and an end-of-file condition would be detected immediately when -was referenced the second time. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cat: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were output successfully. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/bin/cat +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ksh93 +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The ksh93 built-in binding to /bin and /usr/bin is Volatile. The built-in interfaces are Uncommitted. SEE ALSO
touch(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) NOTES
Redirecting the output of cat onto one of the files being read causes the loss of the data originally in the file being read. For example, example% cat filename1 filename2 > filename1 causes the original data in filename1 to be lost. SunOS 5.11 8 Apr 2008 cat(1)