Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Kindly help me out to convert this script to shell script. Post 302780267 by Ganesh1985 on Thursday 14th of March 2013 08:19:55 AM
Old 03-14-2013
Kindly help me out to convert this script to shell script.

Code:
 set +v
echo "Program Name               :" $0
#  echo "Next param                 :" $1
echo "Next param                 :" "Username/Password"
echo "User Id                    :" $2
echo "User Name                  :" $3
echo "Request ID                 :" $4
echo "Original File Name         :" $5 
echo "Interface File Name        :" $6 
echo "Path Name                  :" $7
echo "Destination Path           :" $8

D:
cd $7

echo "Process Output files"
#IF NOT EXIST $8 GOTO MAPERROR
IF $8 
THEN
goto MAPERROR
#IF EXIST $5 (COPY $5 $8\$6) ELSE echo "Output file does not exist"
#GOTO ENDPROCESS
if $5
then (cp $5 $8/$6)
else
echo "Output file does not exist"
:MAPERROR
echo $8"The Share Directory has not been mapped. Contact your System Administrator"
#EXIT -1
exit -1  
:ENDPROCESS
echo "Process finished. Goodbye"

---------- Post updated at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:15 AM ----------

i have tried this one,but its not working.kindly give ur inputs
Code:
 set +v
  echo "Program Name               :" $0
  #  echo "Next param                 :" $1
  echo "Next param                 :" "Username/Password"
  echo "User Id                    :" $2
  echo "User Name                  :" $3
  echo "Request ID                 :" $4
  echo "Original File Name         :" $5 
  echo "Interface File Name        :" $6 
  echo "Path Name                  :" $7
  echo "Destination Path           :" $8

cd $7
  echo "Process Output files"
  if [ ! -d "$8" ]; then
   echo "The Share Directory has not been mapped. Contact your System Administrator"
   exit 1
  else
     if [ -d "$5" ]; then
     cp $5 $8/$6
  else
     echo "Output file does not exist"
     echo "Process finished. Goodbye"
     fi
  fi

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-14-2013 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: fixed code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script for looping

Situation: I have a working shell script on our file server (OSXS Tiger) to connect to a workstation, which is using a portable home directory (phd), and rsync a user's MirrorAgent.log. I'm not that strong of a scripter (obviously), but I would like to add other workstations to this script as they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: le0pard13
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

please convert the below program into shell script

if ( ( grep -i "Exception : " /home/dklog* )) then echo " improper combination" elsif ( ( grep -i "invalid" /home/dklog*)) then echo " wrong process " fi fi in the above case i am facing the the syntx error please help in this case... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert PERL script to SHELL script

Hi all experts, I am new to Unix. Could you please help me to convert the following PERL script to SHELL? I will appreciate. #!/bin/sh use strict; use warnings; my $robot_num = 0; my %rob_tapes; foreach (`/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -l -rn $robot_num`) { $rob_tapes{(split)} = 1; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert shell script into a binary executable

Hello every one, i want to convert my shell script into a binary executable a .exe file , is it possible to do that if so are there any tools . Would the script take off when the arguments are parsed. Thanks Venu (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to shell script

bash$ mdb-schema x.mdb | perl -wpe 's%^DROP TABLE %DROP TABLE IF EXISTS %i; s%(Memo/Hyperlink|DateTime( \(Short\))?)%TEXT%i; s%(Boolean|Byte|Byte|Numeric|Replication ID|(\w+ )?Integer)%INTEGER%i; s%(BINARY|OLE|Unknown (+)?)%BLOB%i; s%\s*\(\d+\)\s*(,?*)$%${1}%;' | sqlite3 x.db ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackpapa
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

May you convert vbscript to shell script?

Dear! I've a script (vbscript) running on windows machine for along time ago. 2 weeks ago, we changed server from Windows to RHEL5, and this script did not run, and I'm not programmer. So that, I post this script here and wish you convert for me. vbscript code: 'This script will: ' - ZIP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert to shell script

how to convert these code to shell script #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> main() { int i,j,a=0,b=0,c=0,f,t,al,ta; int a1, max, n, n1,p,k=0; printf(“\n enter no.of resources”); scanf(“%d”,n1); printf(“\nenter the max no .of resources for each type”); for(i=0;i<n1;i++)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syah
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert my shell script to C programming HELP!!

I had try to create a basic shell script. So now im trying to convert in to C-programming language can some one guide/help me out with it?(BTW IM USING A LINUX/UNIX/ORACLE SYSTEM) CODE BELOW !/bin/bash for i in `ls -1 /cslab/home/JAZEL/` do cp -uv $i /cslab/home/JAZEL/cs295/$i.`date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nygenesis
2 Replies