Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Sendemail with Attachment Post 302780187 by samer.odeh on Thursday 14th of March 2013 04:21:46 AM
Old 03-14-2013
Tools Solaris 10 Sendemail with Attachment

Hello

I need your kind help for configuring email on Solaris 10 so I can send reports from the system to my management and my colleagues.

I have the IP address of the email server of my company and the port 2525. I went through many documents online with no luck.

Can any one help me please.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating word document (.doc) with attachment in unix solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to creation a word document (.doc) in unix solaris which includes an attachment (i.e similar to insert -> object add attachment in windows) Requirement is to add files into .doc and the files is present in unix servers. Is it possible to do this within unix instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay547
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendEmail: Script and Array

I have a script that send email using sendEmail (CentOS shell) script is: sendEmail -vvv -u "TestCompany, Inc.: USB Added" -f user@domain.com -t To@domain.com -s ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com -m "USB Activity" -o tls=aut o username=user3@domain.com password=password So far this works fine. Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sent an email attachment, but the attachment is empty

I'm trying to send a .zip file from my unix box to my work email (email client outlook) The file name that I'm trying to sent is sites.zip and this is how I do it: uuencode sites.zip | mailx -s "testing" myname@mydomain.com When I open the .zip, the zip is empty. Looking around the we, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amb1s1
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail - Script reading database file with sleep command

Hello, I would like to send email message to my mail list. I have been running linux based server and I submitted this process manually up to now. I would like to send each individual with a shell script. In ssh panel, I tested below command and it works smoothly. sendEmail -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Sendemail... is there a receivemail?

Hello, I installed the sendemail program for commandline/script outgoing mail. It works great. I was wondering if there is some simple program to receive mail. Something like the sendemail program... Grtz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylier
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Send multi content email using sendemail utility

Hi Guys, I am trying to send email from solaris server using sendemail utility. I want to send multi content email. For example, i want to send email body with html file and a attachment of txt file. I using below code but the html not render correctly in email body. ( echo "To:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendemail Error - Authentication... failed

SCO Unix OpenServer v6. We use the script below for sending mass emails with attachments. sendemail -f $From_user -o message-file=/u/fg4/data/EmailDefaultBody.html -u $su bj -s $MAIL_SRVR -xu $MAIL_USER -xp $MAIL_PSWD -a $emlname.pdf -t $MAILTO MAIL_SVR=SMPTOUT.SECURESERVER.NET ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jet47
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail and Variable

Hi everyone, I try to send an email with "sendemail", I created four variables for do cleaner but it doesn't work :( below : #!/bin/bash sender=$(X@x.com) recipient=$(x@x.com) subject=$(Files Copy) server=$(x.x.x.x) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m blablabla... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendemail how to send an email with a subject variable

Hi,:) I try this : #!/bin/bash sender="me@example.com" recipient="you@example.com" subject="TEST FILE" server="0.0.0.0" file=$(cat file.txt) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m $file My file.txt: BLABLALA BLABLABLA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies
rt-email-dashboards(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					    rt-email-dashboards(8)

NAME
rt-email-dashboards - Send email dashboards SYNOPSIS
rt-email-dashboards [options] DESCRIPTION
This tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards. A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed. Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise. SETUP
You'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab entry to do this. 0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /opt/rt4/local/sbin/rt-email-dashboards This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further tweaking to be run as the correct user. OPTIONS
This tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging. -h --help Display this documentation --dryrun Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't actually generate or email any of them --time SECONDS Instead of using the current time to figure out which dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st, 1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007). --epoch SECONDS Back-compat for --time SECONDS. --all Ignore subscription frequency when considering each dashboard (should only be used with --dryrun for testing and debugging) perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-dashboards(8)