Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Please help me how to administrate Oracle/plsql server Post 302780177 by vamshigvk475 on Thursday 14th of March 2013 03:50:42 AM
Old 03-14-2013
Oracle Please help me how to administrate Oracle/plsql server

I previously worked for the L1 support on DNS/Apache servers in solaris10......
Now our team lead wants me to work on Oracle/plsql server for our new client....
I've to work without training...

How can we know that Oracle/plsql server running in our machine ??

How to Administrate Oracle/plsql server ??
what are the main responsibilities ??
What is the role of a sys admin in maintaining Oracle/plsql server??
What are the services/processes involved in Oracle/plsql server??

I'm helpless.........

please tell me....Smilie

please.....

Thanks in Advance.....

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

shutting down oracle with the server

What can I do to ensure that oracle database is shut down when the server reboots. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get value from Oracle Anonymous PLSQL block

Hi All, i need you help while accessing the value from anonymous PL/SQL block. Initially our requirement was to get the value from SQL statement. I was doing like... But now i need to use dbms_application_info.set_module in it. So i have planned to use anonymous block instead of SQL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of oracle plsql development /unix shell scripting

I am working in production support in an leading bank and more of my job is more in oracle/plsql. I am learning unix shell scripting and have started development in the same.I would like to know regarding the scope of these two in the industry.Also would like to know about other scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesthomas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting+Firing plsql to Oracle DB in one go

Hi, I am using the below command to connect to a remote Oracle DB from my unix shell script. sqlplus -s user1/password1@remotedbhost:1252/demo @/tmp/PROC_MS.prc But I get the below error. 1. Can you confirm if my code is correct ? 2. Can you help me overcome the error ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Is there any GUI or web ui to administrate zfs/zpool

HI, Is there any GUI or web ui to administrate zfs/zpool. i want to monitor/expand/migrate zfs from one machine to another machine (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
0 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle - Reserved SQL words by Oracle SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Oracle word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Oracle Database. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Oracle7, Oracle8i, Oracle9i or Oracle10g. is_reserved_by_oracle7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle7. is_reserved_by_oracle8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle8i. is_reserved_by_oracle9( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle9i. is_reserved_by_oracle10( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle10g. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Oracle versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_oracle7 is_reserved_by_oracle8 is_reserved_by_oracle9 is_reserved_by_oracle10 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)