Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20 Post 302779907 by vbe on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 01:05:06 PM
Old 03-13-2013
Sorry for the delay.. am very busy at the moment...
Now:
You must be in Single user first...
Then depending how you got there : init s will not give the same result as booting in single user, for many process started at boot time are still running like syslog etc that use /var ( /var/adm... )
So either you boot into single user with nothing mounted and you mount what is needed or you dont pay attention what is still running stopping you to umount in which case the following command will kill whatever:
Code:
 fuser -cku /var

Now umount should work...
Be user you are not one of the culprits in which case you will be thrown out...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems restoring Ignite make_recovery DAT backups

Can anyone help with an HP Ignite problem please !! We currently have 2 servers running HP-UX B.11.00 connected together and using a high availability cluster (serviceguard) running one package. Each of the servers have 2 mirrored local disks. (also installed HP OpenviewDM B.05.03, Oracle 8.0.5,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clivethegadget
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies
umount.davfs(8) 						       1.4.6							   umount.davfs(8)

NAME
umount.davfs - Umount-helper to unmount a davfs2 file system SYNOPSIS
umount.davfs [-h | --help] [-V | --version] umount dir SYNOPSIS (root only) umount.davfs dir DESCRIPTION
umount.davfs is a umount helper program. It is called by the umount(8) command. Its purpose is to prevent the umount command from returning unless mount.davfs has synchronized all its cached files with the webdav server. dir is the mountpoint where the WebDAV resource is mounted on. It may be an absolute or relative path. While for local file systems umount(8) will only return when all cached data have been written to disk, this is not automatically true for a mounted davfs2 file system. With this umount helper the user can rely on the familiar behaviour of umount(8). To inform the operating system that the file system uses a network connection, you should always use the _netdev option, when mounting as davfs2 file system. Depending on the amount of data and the quality of the connection, unmounting a davfs2 file system may take some seconds up to some hours. If the mount.davfs daemon encountered serious errors, umount.davfs may return an error instead of unmounting the file system. In this case try umount -i. The -i option will prevent umount(8) from calling umount.davfs. OPTIONS
-V --version Output version. -h --help Print a help message. -f -l -n -r -v This options are ignored. They are only recognized for compatibility with umount(8). FILES
/var/run/mount.davfs PID-files of running umount.davfs processes are looked up here. BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHORS
This man page was written by Werner Baumann <werner.baumann@onlinehome.de>. DAVFS2 HOME http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/davfs2 SEE ALSO
mount.davfs(8), umount(8), davfs2.conf(5), fstab(5) davfs2 2009-04-13 umount.davfs(8)