Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem with nmon, actual CPU usage per process Post 302779687 by zaxxon on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 08:24:00 AM
Old 03-13-2013
I will try the tprof way again like -=xray=- suggested. Thanks all^^

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Process CPU usage in Solaris 10

Hi All, Please let me know the command (expect top) to view the cpu usage of every process in Solaris 10. Thanks in Advance, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

2. AIX

CPU usage of a process

I'm trying to monitor the CPU usage of a process and output that value to a file or variable. I know topas or nmon can tell me this in interactive mode but what I need is topas-looking output that allows me to write to a file after a discrete interval. Unlike nmon data collection to a file on top... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robot23
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding CPU usage by a Unix Process

Hi, I am designing a load balancer for an application. I am trying to find out the CPU usage by a specifc Unix process (PID is known). I guess I can use ps command to find that. can somebody help me in finding what exact command I should use to find? It is on AIX 5.3. Regards Asutosh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process cpu usage

Trying to come up with a command that will show all processes sorted from highest cpu usage to lowest. Any ideas? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwsmichigan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU Usage for a particular process

Hi, I have a shell script. But, upon execution of the same, the cpu usage is sometimes getting 100 % (checked executing top command). At that point of time, my process hangs, doesn't run anymore. I need to kill it manually. My concern is, is there any default method, by which I can check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU Usage of a process

Hi guys, I am currently writing a JAVA script to monitor certain unix processes through JConsole. Upon having lots of trouble with runtime.exec, i decided to bypass the top/ps command call and just get the information straight from /proc/*pid*/whatever. Now i can pull back any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt9949
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Average CPU and RAM usage for a process

Hi, I will be creating a process myself and I want to know the average CPU and RAM used by the process over the lifetime of the process. I see that there are various tools available(pidstat) for doing , I was wondering if it possible to do it in a single command while creation. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koustubh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky situation with process cpu usage - AIX

OS: AIX so we frequently receive a lot of cpu related alerts. all types of checks have been created to keep an eye on the cpu but a lot of these checks make too much noise as the CPU is always being seen as high. the system and application owners say there's no issue with the cpu. so now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I check actual memory usage each Process?

I can't check actual memory usage in the Redhat 5.5... The used memory is 14214 Mb of Total 15919 by Free -m command. I sum the RSS value on PS aux command result and the value is 5428.66Mb. Yes It's quite different actual usage memory and RSS value. So I added Shared memory value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
5 Replies
scalac(1)							   USER COMMANDS							 scalac(1)

NAME
scalac - Compiler for the Scala 2 language SYNOPSIS
scalac [ <options> ] <source files> PARAMETERS
<options> Command line options. See OPTIONS below. <source files> One or more source files to be compiled (such as MyClass.scala). OPTIONS
The compiler has a set of standard options that are supported on the current development environment and will be supported in future releases. An additional set of non-standard options are specific to the current virtual machine implementation and are subject to change in the future. Non-standard options begin with -X. Standard Options -g:{none,source,line,vars,notc} "none" generates no debugging info, "source" generates only the source file attribute, "line" generates source and line number information, "vars" generates source, line number and local variable information, "notc" generates all of the above and will not perform tail call optimization. -nowarn Generate no warnings -verbose Output messages about what the compiler is doing -deprecation Indicate whether source should be compiled with deprecation information; defaults to off (accepted values are: on, off, yes and no) Available since Scala version 2.2.1 -unchecked Enable detailed unchecked warnings Non variable type-arguments in type patterns are unchecked since they are eliminated by erasure Available since Scala version 2.3.0 -classpath <path> Specify where to find user class files (on Unix-based systems a colon-separated list of paths, on Windows-based systems, a semi- colon-separate list of paths). This does not override the built-in ("boot") search path. The default class path is the current directory. Setting the CLASSPATH variable or using the -classpath command-line option over- rides that default, so if you want to include the current directory in the search path, you must include "." in the new settings. -sourcepath <path> Specify where to find input source files. -bootclasspath <path> Override location of bootstrap class files (where to find the standard built-in classes, such as "scala.List"). -extdirs <dirs> Override location of installed extensions. -d <directory> Specify where to place generated class files. -encoding <encoding> Specify character encoding used by source files. The default value is platform-specific (Linux: "UTF8", Windows: "Cp1252"). Executing the following code in the Scala interpreter will return the default value on your system: scala> new java.io.InputStreamReader(System.in).getEncoding -target: <target> Specify which backend to use (jvm-1.5,msil). The default value is "jvm-1.5" (was "jvm-1.4" up to Scala version 2.6.1). -print Print program with all Scala-specific features removed -optimise Generates faster bytecode by applying optimisations to the program -explaintypes Explain type errors in more detail. -uniqid Print identifiers with unique names (debugging option). -version Print product version and exit. -help Print a synopsis of standard options. Advanced Options -Xassem <file> Name of the output assembly (only relevant with -target:msil) -Xassem-path <path> List of assemblies referenced by the program (only relevant with -target:msil) -Xcheck-null Emit warning on selection of nullable reference -Xdisable-assertions Generate no assertions and assumptions -Xexperimental enable experimental extensions -Xno-uescape Disable handling of u unicode escapes -Xplug-types Parse but ignore annotations in more locations -Xplugin: <file> Load a plugin from a file -Xplugin-disable: <plugin> Disable a plugin -Xplugin-list Print a synopsis of loaded plugins -Xplugin-opt: <plugin:opt> Pass an option to a plugin -Xplugin-require: <plugin> Abort unless a plugin is available -Xprint: <phases> Print out program after <phases> (see below). -Xprint-pos Print tree positions (as offsets) -Xprint-types Print tree types (debugging option). -Xprompt Display a prompt after each error (debugging option). -Xresident Compiler stays resident, files to compile are read from standard input. -Xshow-class <class> Show class info. -Xshow-object <object> Show object info. -Xshow-phases Print a synopsis of compiler phases. -Xsource-reader <classname> Specify a custom method for reading source files. -Xscript <object> Compile as a script, wrapping the code into object.main(). Compilation Phases initial initializing compiler parse parse source files namer create symbols analyze name and type analysis refcheck reference checking uncurry uncurry function types and applications lambdalift lambda lifter typesasvalues represent types as values addaccessors add accessors for constructor arguments explicitouterclasses make links from inner classes to enclosing one explicit addconstructors add explicit constructor for each class tailcall add tail-calls wholeprog perform whole program analysis addinterfaces add one interface per class expandmixins expand mixins by code copying boxing makes boxing explicit erasure type eraser icode generate icode codegen enable code generation terminal compilation terminated all matches all phases ENVIRONMENT
JAVACMD Specify the java command to be used for running the Scala code. Arguments may be specified as part of the environment variable; spaces, quotation marks, etc., will be passed directly to the shell for expansion. JAVA_HOME Specify JDK/JRE home directory. This directory is used to locate the java command unless JAVACMD variable set. JAVA_OPTS Specify the options to be passed to the java command defined by JAVACMD. With Java 1.5 (or newer) one may for example configure the memory usage of the JVM as follows: JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms16M -Xss16M" With GNU Java one may configure the memory usage of the GIJ as follows: JAVA_OPTS="--mx512m --ms16m" EXAMPLES
Compile a Scala program to the current directory scalac HelloWorld Compile a Scala program to the destination directory classes scalac -d classes HelloWorld.scala Compile a Scala program using a user-defined java command env JAVACMD=/usr/local/bin/cacao scalac -d classes HelloWorld.scala Compile all Scala files found in the source directory src to the destination directory classes scalac -d classes src/*.scala EXIT STATUS
scalac returns a zero exist status if it succeeds to compile the specified input files. Non zero is returned in case of failure. AUTHOR
Written by Martin Odersky and other members of the Scala team. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala. COPYRIGHT
This is open-source software, available to you under a BSD-like license. See accomponying "copyright" or "LICENSE" file for copying condi- tions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
fsc(1), sbaz(1), scala(1), scaladoc(1), scalap(1) version 0.4 April 18, 2007 scalac(1)