Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: group rows by id and simple conversion Post 302779651 by eagle_fly on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 06:58:43 AM
Old 03-13-2013
Thanks for great solutions!Smilie

I want to print the largest id, i.e. C[i] for the max i.
I can see how to run another for loop, but is there a better way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort, group rows

I wrote script in bash which generates this report: User1,admin,rep,User2,shell,path1,x1,r1 User2,admin,rep,User7,shell,path1,x1,r1 User3,admin,rep,User4,shell,path1,x1,r1 User4,admin,rep,User3,shell,path1,x1,r1 User5,admin,rep,User1,shell,path1,x1,r1 User6,admin,rep,User5,shell,path1,x1,r1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns group

Hi I have the input file following like this "AIX" "AIX 6.0" "AIX 7.0" "Redhat 8" "Redhat 9" "Redhat 5.0 Enterprise Linux" "Sun Solaris 9" "Sun Solaris 10", "Sun Microsystems" "Oracle" .................................Like this 2000 lines I need to convert this input into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvanraj
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

conversion and transpositions of columns and rows

Hi, I am wondering how to do this more efficiently than I am currently doing it: I have these 3 columns 3315 E14 1 397 E14 2 321 E14 3 27 E14 4 7 E14 5 2 E14 6 But I like them to be displayed like this: 1 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - calculating simple correlation of rows

Is there any way to calculate a simple correlation of few selected rows with all the rows in input ? In the below example I selected Row01,02,03 and correlated with all the rows. I was trying to run in R. But the this big data matrix is too much to handle for R and eventually my system is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated row to rows conversion

I have a file containing rows with the following format. Field1|Field2|Field3|data1:data data2:data data3:"dataA:data dataB:data" data4:data:data (and so on) I need to format the above row into multiple rows that look like this: Field1|Field2|Field3|data1|data ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Columns to rows conversion in unix

Hi All, My requirement is to convert the rows to columns, please help me how to do in one command. Ex: source file is having data like ABC,XYZ,123,987,KKK,XXX,666 Need output like ABC XYZ 987 KKK XXX 666 Regards, Pavan. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madsongtel
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Rows to column conversion in Solaris

i am using the command pkginfo -l | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -e 'VENDOR' -e 'NAME' -e 'VERSION' >> /tmp/test1.txt in order to get name,vendor and version of the applications installed on Solaris machine.The output stored in test1.txt in as shown below: NAME: Solaris Zones (Usr) VERSION: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of rows to columns using awk based om column value

HI, My Input file data is dn:adcfgeneral id:13343 Name:xxxxxx Password:iutyerwuitywue wpuwt tuiytruityrutyrwtyrwp dn:cdferwjyyyy id:3875 Name:yyyy Password :hgfdsjkfhdsfkdlshf dshfkldshfdklsfh interset:uiuiufj My output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group by and translate rows to column

I've a comma separated file with data below: 61401370587,505,1;0402686146,123;2387936.0;20170812 61401370587,505,2;0401296221,34;3.0;20170811 61401370587,505,5;0431169322,123;2387936.0;20170812 My requirement is to group by using 1st,2nd column . And translate the 3rd column's row data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagat-reena
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange rows by group pairs

Hello gurus, I have two variable columns 1 and 2 , and their respective groups in 3 and 4 var1 var2 gr1 gr2 a b g h c d h g d f d h f g h g d r h d p q a b h y h g r t g h I want to rearrange the rows in such a way that all similarly grouped (var1 var2) pairs are together . The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
4 Replies
FITCIRCLE(l)															      FITCIRCLE(l)

NAME
fitcircle - find mean position and pole of best-fit great [or small] circle to points on a sphere. SYNOPSIS
fitcircle [ xyfile ] -Lnorm [ -H[nrec] ] [ -S ] [ -V ] [ -: ] [ -bi[s][n] ] DESCRIPTION
fitcircle reads lon,lat [or lat,lon] values from the first two columns on standard input [or xyfile]. These are converted to cartesian three-vectors on the unit sphere. Then two locations are found: the mean of the input positions, and the pole to the great circle which best fits the input positions. The user may choose one or both of two possible solutions to this problem. The first is called -L1 and the second is called -L2. When the data are closely grouped along a great circle both solutions are similar. If the data have large dispersion, the pole to the great circle will be less well determined than the mean. Compare both solutions as a qualitative check. The -L1 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of absolute values of cosines of angular distances. This solution finds the mean position as the Fisher average of the data, and the pole position as the Fisher average of the cross-products between the mean and the data. Averaging cross-products gives weight to points in proportion to their distance from the mean, analogous to the "leverage" of distant points in linear regression in the plane. The -L2 solution is so called because it approximates the minimization of the sum of squares of cosines of angular distances. It creates a 3 by 3 matrix of sums of squares of components of the data vectors. The eigenvectors of this matrix give the mean and pole locations. This method may be more subject to roundoff errors when there are thousands of data. The pole is given by the eigenvector corresponding to the smallest eigenvalue; it is the least-well represented factor in the data and is not easily estimated by either method. -L Specify the desired norm as 1 or 2, or use -L or -L3 to see both solutions. OPTIONS
xyfile ASCII [or binary, see -b] file containing lon,lat [lat,lon] values in the first 2 columns. If no file is specified, fitcircle will read from standard input. -H Input file(s) has Header record(s). Number of header records can be changed by editing your .gmtdefaults file. If used, GMT default is 1 header record. -S Attempt to fit a small circle instead of a great circle. The pole will be constrained to lie on the great circle connecting the pole of the best-fit great circle and the mean location of the data. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -: Toggles between (longitude,latitude) and (latitude,longitude) input/output. [Default is (longitude,latitude)]. Applies to geo- graphic coordinates only. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is double]. Append n for the number of columns in the binary file(s). [Default is 2 input columns]. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have lon,lat,grav data along a twisty ship track in the file ship.xyg. You want to project this data onto a great circle and resample it in distance, in order to filter it or check its spectrum. Try: fitcircle ship.xyg -L2 project ship.xyg -Cox/oy -Tpx/py -S -pz | sample1d -S-100 -I1 > output.pg Here, ox/oy is the lon/lat of the mean from fitcircle, and px/py is the lon/lat of the pole. The file output.pg has distance, gravity data sampled every 1 km along the great circle which best fits ship.xyg SEE ALSO
gmt(1gmt), project(1gmt), sample1d(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 FITCIRCLE(l)