Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help on Shell Scripting - to store output to a fixed file Post 302779577 by siva kumar on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 04:25:44 AM
Old 03-13-2013
Question Help on Shell Scripting - to store output to a fixed file

Hi
I have a file called "test.txt" and it looks like this
x
y
z
x/c
y/c/b
now, i want to run a command and its output will be like this
y/c/b 20
z 78

--------
my requirement is, i want to add the command output to "test.txt" as like below
y 0
z 78
x/c 0
y/c/b 20

please friends please help in this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

store output to a file and read from it

Hello all, I need to run snoop command for a period of time (a day) and extract remote host column from it to find out who is accessing my server. When I run the following on the command line it works snoop -port 22 | awk '{print $3}' but when I do snoop -port 22 | awk '{print $3}' | while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a file but output file is fixed

i want to split 1 file and output files is fixed let 3 ,and want no record to be missed . please help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading fixed length flat file and calling java code using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and I have to to the following I have a flat file with storename(lenth 20) , emailaddress(lenth 40), location(15). There is NO delimiters in that file. Like the following str00001.txt StoreName emailaddress location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willywilly
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output into variable-in unix shell scripting

Hi, Output of "ps -o etime,time,pcpu,pmem,fname -C sbd-java" command is - Elapsed Time %cpu %MEM COMMAND 02:14:03 00:03:28 2.5 6.3 sbd-java Can anyone tell me, how to store the the value 2.5 in a variable? When I say echo $X where x is a variable then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store grep output file

Hi, I'm trying to store the output from a grep, I just want the file name. But couldn't find how to do it. Basically, I just want to grep <etc> * and I want to store the file name. There is only one file with the what I'm grepping, so storing in a variable o an array its the same. If someone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radicaled
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store output of DB Cursor to a txt file

I am writing a cursor to select values from 3 tables. I want to store these values in a txt file which I will be sending via ftp. I am able to store the results of simple select queries to the txt file. but I am not sure how to store the values when using a cursor. I have given the sql query below.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveensraj
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store the value from python in shell scripting?

I am calling fab file from shell, and i am getting the output from python. How to store that value in shell? Eg:- I am taking the value using yaml file in python. Since i am calling python from shell, i need to store the value in variable or in array using shell, because my next call is running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script that will take the first line from each file and store it in an output file

Hi, I have 1000 files names data1.txt through data1000.txt inside a folder. I want to write a script that will take each first line from the files and write them as output into a new file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD