Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Eclipse for Solaris 11
Operating Systems Solaris Eclipse for Solaris 11 Post 302779445 by DGPickett on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 04:27:44 PM
Old 03-12-2013
Usually the install puts the environment into a shell script so you can launch comples apps like eclipse without preparation. JAVA itself does aomething like this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Eclipse launch question

I just bought my first Ultra 20 (Solaris 10) and I would like to know the step by step directions to launch eclipse please. I have unzipped the eclipse folder in my temp directory I am having really hard time launching eclipse from my desktop. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saif
7 Replies

2. Programming

related to Eclipse

I wanted to install similar automake & friends that exist in kdevelop in Eclipse also. There is a project related to this here and the plugins are at Download section. If everyone did it or might do it in the future, I am interested to know how ! If there is somebody else that has another option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to launch Eclipse in Solaris 10

Hi people, i just installed Eclipse on my Solaris terminal and i can't seem to run it. Currently i am using the SSH Client software to go to my Unix console.I tried to run the command "eclipse -vm <path of java hre>" as directed however i still can't run the application. My Command prompt is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
5 Replies

4. Programming

eclipse console

I have a C program which ends when user types ctrl-c. this program works fine from terminal but when i launch it from eclipse i can't terminate it correctly with ctrl-c because the console does not read the ctrl-c input command. Can anyone help me?? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
3 Replies

5. Programming

debug with eclipse

Hi, i' m using eclipse 3.2.2 on ubuntu. When i debug a program (C language) i cannot see any variable in the variables view. From the console (debug perspective) i can see the message: no source file named class.c. What is the problem??? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

looking for eclipse for SOLARIS 10 x86-64 bit

Hi, I am looking for eclipse for my solaris 10 x86 64 bit. No luck and haven't found the download yet. It is required when I install WLS 10.3. Of course one no need to use eclipse and you can always use workshop. Does anybody please know where can I download the software. Thanks, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
2 Replies

7. Solaris

install eclipse under solaris without root password?

hi, Ho can I install eclipse under solaris without root password? Thanks. peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laopi
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Eclipse 3.1 on HP-UX 11i

Hey guys how do you run eclipse on HP-UX 11i? there's a startup.jar and an eclipse file ( which is not an executable ) I get different errors try to run the jar file with different java versions. I have all the possible java vm's installed. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Eclipse for Solaris

i am trying to install weblogic 10.3 but for some component need eclipse from where i can download eclipse and how to install it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
2 Replies

10. Programming

Integrating Jconsole with Eclipse

Hi Guys, I was hoping someone has integrated Eclipse with jconsole to monitor their applications. I have not seen this in action . Any help is much appreciated http://images.devshed.com/fds/smilies/smile.gif Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies
DACS.JAVA(7)						  DACS Miscellaneous Information					      DACS.JAVA(7)

NAME
dacs.java - DACS Java support DESCRIPTION
This document describes support for Java provided by DACS. To enable Java support, DACS must be configured using the --enable-java flag. It may also be necessary to specify the location of the Java commands and include files. See dacs.install(7)[1]. Note Java support is currently very limited and should be considered experimental. It is currently only possible to call dacsauth(1)[2] and dacscheck(1)[3] using the Java Native Interface (JNI) provided. The command line arguments to both of these commands are exactly as documented in their manual pages. Each argument is passed as a String. The code is not thread-safe and is probably not suitable for being called many times within a particular process due to assumptions it makes about dynamic memory allocation. There are no immediate plans to improve or extend Java support. Using the existing capability to build the JNI layer, however, it should not be difficult for an experienced Java programmer to build upon the example Java code provided. With Java support enabled, building DACS will copy the JNI shared library and a .jar file to the library directory (default: /usr/local/dacs/lib), and the JNI include files to the include directory (default: /usr/local/dacs/include). The tools/java/jni distribution directory contains a simple script called javarun that demonstrates how to run dacsauth or dacscheck as a Java application. For example, to validate the Unix password for user somebody, run (as root): ./javarun dacsauth -m unix suff -user somebody -prompt DIAGNOSTICS
The return codes are as documented in the command's manual page. AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[4]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[5] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacs.install(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.install.7.html 2. dacsauth(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacsauth.1.html 3. dacscheck(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacscheck.1.html 4. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 5. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACS.JAVA(7)