Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hidden strcmp in glibc
Top Forums Programming Hidden strcmp in glibc Post 302779429 by Corona688 on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 04:01:49 PM
Old 03-12-2013
And even CPU's which don't have direct support, may have less overhead for a small sequence of instructions than a function call.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

glibc 2.2.2

After installing glibc 2.2.2 on my redhat 6.1 (with all necessary updates). I try to restart but my compter say i do not existst like you deleted root account and you are root. (i have seen people doing that ;-P ). I run configure with these command --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin --libdir=/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jurrien
1 Replies

2. Programming

strcmp core dumps

hi everyone, Right now when I do: strcmp(s1, s2); i get a core dump because at times s1 or s2 can be nothing so that makes strcmp() core dump. What is the solution, if at times I expect one of them (or both) to be NULL? I want to be able to compare that s1 is NULL and s2 is "blah" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annie
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install glibc-2.6.1

Hi, I have downloaded glibc-2.6.1.tar.tar. But I do not know how to install it on Xubuntu. Do you know ? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Hidden files and protecting the folder containing hidden files from deletion

Hi. I have a script which is deleting files with a particular extension and older than 45 days.The code is: find <path> -name "<filename_pattern>" -mtime +45 -exec rm {} \; But the problem is that some important files are also getting deleted.To prevent this I have decide to make a dummy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaw
4 Replies

5. Programming

glibc error

Hi All, This is my first time posting on this forum. I'd like to participate actively on this list. Here we go! I'm making a little application and I'm using ncurses. After a while using it, I receive the following error and the stack trace is shown: ***glibc detected*** malloc() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all directories hidden or not hidden

I want to list all directories hidden or not hidden. ls -ld */ => shows only not hidden directories so i guess the answer would be to add the a option to show all files ls -lad */ => not working :confused: ls -la | grep "^d" => works But I would like to know why I can't use ls -lad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: servus
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11

I have to debug a function getopt_long in glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1. For that how can I download and install its corresponding glibc-debug on SLES 11? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
BACKGAMMON(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     BACKGAMMON(6)

NAME
backgammon -- the game of backgammon SYNOPSIS
backgammon [-] [-nrwb] [-pr] [-pw] [-pb] [-t term] [-s file] DESCRIPTION
This program lets you play backgammon against the computer or against a "friend". All commands are only one letter, so you don't need to type a carriage return, except at the end of a move. The program is mostly self-explanatory, so that a question mark (?) will usually get some help. If you answer `y' when the program asks if you want the rules, you will get text explaining the rules of the game, some hints on strategy, instructions on how to use the program, and a tutorial consisting of a practice game against the computer. A description of how to use the program can be obtained by answering `y' when it asks if you want instructions. The possible arguments for backgammon (most are unnecessary but some are very convenient) consist of: -n don't ask for rules or instructions -r player is red (implies n) -w player is white (implies n) -b two players, red and white (implies n) -pr print the board before red's turn -pw print the board before white's turn -pb print the board before both player's turn -t term terminal is type term, uses /usr/share/misc/termcap -s file recover previously saved game from file Any unrecognized arguments are ignored. An argument of a lone `-' gets a description of possible arguments. If term has capabilities for direct cursor movement (see termcap(5)) backgammon ``fixes'' the board after each move, so the board does not need to be reprinted, unless the screen suffers some horrendous malady. Also, any `p' option will be ignored. (The `t' option is not neces- sary unless the terminal type does not match the entry in the /usr/share/misc/termcap data base.) QUICK REFERENCE
When the program prompts by typing only your color, type a space or carriage return to roll, or d to double p to print the board q to quit s to save the game for later When the program prompts with 'Move:', type p to print the board q to quit s to save the game or a move, which is a sequence of s-f move from s to f s/r move one man on s the roll r separated by commas or spaces and ending with a newline. Available abbreviations are s-f1-f2 means s-f1,f1-f2 s/r1r2 means s/r1,s/r2 Use b for bar and h for home, or 0 or 25 as appropriate. FILES
/usr/games/teachgammon rules and tutorial /usr/share/misc/termcap terminal capabilities AUTHORS
Alan Char BUGS
The program's strategy needs much work. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD