Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hidden strcmp in glibc
Top Forums Programming Hidden strcmp in glibc Post 302779393 by rupeshkp728 on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 03:26:56 PM
Old 03-12-2013
Hidden strcmp in glibc

In glibc in file strcmp I see a definition of strcmp function and below it there is a macro "libc_hidden_builtin_def (strcmp)".
This macro "libc_hidden_builtin_def (strcmp)" looks to be defining some platform(x32-64, i386) specific implementation of strcmp.

Question is when is this libc_hidden_builtin_def (strcmp) gets enabled, called and used?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

glibc 2.2.2

After installing glibc 2.2.2 on my redhat 6.1 (with all necessary updates). I try to restart but my compter say i do not existst like you deleted root account and you are root. (i have seen people doing that ;-P ). I run configure with these command --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin --libdir=/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jurrien
1 Replies

2. Programming

strcmp core dumps

hi everyone, Right now when I do: strcmp(s1, s2); i get a core dump because at times s1 or s2 can be nothing so that makes strcmp() core dump. What is the solution, if at times I expect one of them (or both) to be NULL? I want to be able to compare that s1 is NULL and s2 is "blah" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annie
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install glibc-2.6.1

Hi, I have downloaded glibc-2.6.1.tar.tar. But I do not know how to install it on Xubuntu. Do you know ? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Hidden files and protecting the folder containing hidden files from deletion

Hi. I have a script which is deleting files with a particular extension and older than 45 days.The code is: find <path> -name "<filename_pattern>" -mtime +45 -exec rm {} \; But the problem is that some important files are also getting deleted.To prevent this I have decide to make a dummy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaw
4 Replies

5. Programming

glibc error

Hi All, This is my first time posting on this forum. I'd like to participate actively on this list. Here we go! I'm making a little application and I'm using ncurses. After a while using it, I receive the following error and the stack trace is shown: ***glibc detected*** malloc() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all directories hidden or not hidden

I want to list all directories hidden or not hidden. ls -ld */ => shows only not hidden directories so i guess the answer would be to add the a option to show all files ls -lad */ => not working :confused: ls -la | grep "^d" => works But I would like to know why I can't use ls -lad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: servus
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11

I have to debug a function getopt_long in glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1. For that how can I download and install its corresponding glibc-debug on SLES 11? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
strcmp(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						strcmp(9F)

NAME
strcmp, strcasecmp, strncasecmp, strncmp - compare two null-terminated strings. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> int strcmp(const char *s1, const char *s2); int strcasecmp(const char *s1, const char *s2); int strncasecmp(const char *s1, const char *s2, size_t n); int strncmp(const char *s1, const char *s2, size_t n); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
s1, s2 Pointers to character strings. n Count of characters to be compared. DESCRIPTION
strcmp() strcmp() returns 0 if the strings are the same, or the integer value of the expression (*s1 - *s2) for the last characters compared if they differ. strcasecmp(), strncasecmp() The strcasecmp() and strncasecmp() functions are case-insensitive versions of strcmp() and strncmp(), respectively, described in this sec- tion. They assume the ASCII character set and ignore differences in case when comparing lowercase and uppercase characters. strncmp() strncmp() returns 0 if the first n characters of s1 and s2 are the same, or (*s1 - *s2) for the last characters compared if they dif- fer. RETURN VALUES
strcmp() returns 0 if the strings are the same, or (*s1 - *s2) for the last characters compared if they differ. strcasecmp() and strncasecmp() return values in the same fashion as strcmp() and strncmp(), respectively. strncmp() returns 0 if the first n characters of strings are the same, or (*s1 - *s2) for the last characters compared if they differ. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 1 Apr 1994 strcmp(9F)