Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX LibC.a usage in /usr/lib/boot/chrp.disk.proto Post 302779235 by DGPickett on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 11:33:55 AM
Old 03-12-2013
Well, we are talking about it being included in, by being statically linked to, the boot kernel, not the final, booted system. It is a static lib, so there is no need for the full file at boot time. Some apps are not symlink friendly.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/lib/32/32-> Question

Hello UNIX people. I was just cruising around my UFS and came across the directory /usr/lib/32. This directory continues up many directories (/usr/lib/32/32/32/32->). Each level of 32/ directory seems to be a copy of the previous one. I have been working with UNIX for a little while now, but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaggy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ...

Hey, Im trying to create a script to create a dir-tree of pod converted to html. so far this is the script: #!/bin/sh cd /usr/lib/perl5 for d in ./* ; do # is it a dir? if ; then # yes! get the basename cd $d ; dir=`basename $d` for f in ./* ; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/lib on a seperate partition

I want to move /usr/lib on a seperate partition. ( is is now all at / ) I know how to copy data and update fstab but... At boot time, the mepis distro already needs stuff from /usr/lib but it is not mounted yet. So i get error before /usr/lib is mounted. Does this mean you cannot move... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
4 Replies

4. AIX

Getting Symbol resolution failed for ../../../lib/libc.a Error

Hi I have compiled a binary on AIX 5.3.0.0 but when i run i get following error Could not load program ACE_wrappers/bin/gperf: Symbol resolution failed for ../../../lib/libc.a(posix_aio.o) because: Symbol _posix_kaio_rdwr (number 2) is not exported from dependent module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_nayeem
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Core Dump in /usr/lib/hpux32/libc.so.1

Hi, I am working on a core dump issue, where the dumps happens in OS library, /usr/lib/hpux32/libc.so.1 and version for my OS is as specified by uname -a is: "HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64". Below is the core dump file. Our program terminated with Signal 6. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of /usr/lib/nsr

Hello, I have this folder on my one of the machine but not on other. /usr/lib/nsr can anyone tell me for what this folder is used ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

7. Solaris

/usr/lib/vhost.so missing Solaris 5.10

Hi, i have a solaris 5.10 machine on which i am getting below error while executing cat command ld.so.1: cat: fatal: vhost.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed it is related to file vhost.so missing Also when i did ldd cat result is as below libc.so.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

./Vega6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./Vega6)

Hello, I am trying to run a chess pairing program called Vega Chess on RHEL 6.5 Server $ uname -a Linux CDMA 2.6.32-431.el6.i686 #1 SMP Sun Nov 10 22:20:22 EST 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux $ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)This is the way I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/lib/libv12n.so

Hi, I want to use the function "v12n_domain_uuid" on solaris box. The library "libv12n" is present in /usr/lib but i can't locate the header "libv12n.h" anywhere in the box. How do i run the API "v12n_domain_uuid" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

10. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
sys_attrs_bparm(5)						File Formats Manual						sys_attrs_bparm(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_bparm - bparm subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the Boot Parameters (bparm) kernel subsystem. Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. Identifies the device from which the system was last booted. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment vari- able with the same name. Do not modify this value, which is set when the system boots. A combination of flags that controls the boot loader and kernel. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Values for the variable are: Boot to multiuser mode. By default, the kernel boots to single-user mode. Enable the kdebug debugger to debug the kernel. By default, kdebug is not enabled in the kernel. Produce full dumps when the system crashes. By default, partial dumps are produced. Prompt for an alternate kernel and special arguments when the system is booted. By default, no questions are asked. Set boot_osflags only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. Identifies the boot device to be used when one is not included in the boot command line. This attribute corresponds to the console firmware environment variable with the same name. Set bootdef_dev only at the console prompt or by using the consvar utility. SEE ALSO
Commands: consvar(8) Others: sys_attrs(5) System Administration sys_attrs_bparm(5)