Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract IP from logs and
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract IP from logs and Post 302778479 by Mr_47 on Monday 11th of March 2013 04:56:37 AM
Old 03-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
So, just to be clear, what you want given the a.out in your example is for b.out to be an exact copy of a.out, and either there will be no c.out or c.out will be an empty file. Is that what you want? If that isn't what you want please explain in more detail what the output is supposed to be.
nope, a.out is the existing file. after we ran the shell script the command will generate 2 set of files, one is b.out which contain only IP from the a.out file and the other one is c.out which also contain only IP list from a.out file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logs

can i include this command into my crontab file > /var/adm/wtmp to clear the contents on a regular basis ? what about file permissions ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs

Hey Guys, i am new into shell programming and i have to do one script which have to record all the commands entered by a specific user. Example of that, i have a system running on unix, several users are using this system, i have to create like a databse which will record every user entered that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logs

Hy, I have a question I have a directory in a unix server, Some of my files have a diffrent access time, from the time i accessed them last, I think some one has copied it,it's not an important file,but none the less,it is my file,It mistakenly had a 777 permission( yes ,I know it is a noob's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lordmod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to extract distinct logs from a Log File

Hi, I urgently need some help how to extract distinct entries from a Log file. The Log File may have same error occuring many times so how do i count the occurance of an error in file and also extract out distinct errors in a file. Eg:- I have a file name A.log it contains entries as below:-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roro
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract application logs through shell script in performance testing

Hi Experts, I am new to shell.How to extract logs (Web,APP,Database) using shell in performance testing? Need for webserver logs,app server logs and d/b logs code. Thanks in advance Sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract last 24 hrs logs from cronlog

Hi Friends, Can anybody help me to create a perl script to generate log file for last 24 hrs from cron log file ?? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamji.vm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract logs between the current time and the last 15 minutes ?

I want to extract the logs between the current time stamp and 15 minutes before and sent an email to the people configured. I developed the below script but it's not working properly; can someone help me?? I have a log file containing this pattern: Constructor QuartzJob ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)