Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate all possible word with caps and no caps Post 302778391 by anil510 on Sunday 10th of March 2013 11:33:43 PM
Old 03-11-2013
Generate all possible word with caps and no caps

With use of sed/awk, how can I print all possible combinations of a word with caps/non-caps.

Eg

Applying operation on "cap" should generate output as follows.
Code:
cap
CAP
Cap
cAp
caP
CAp
cAP
CaP

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert character in word to CAPS??

Hi Gurus!! Is it possible to change a letter in a word to CAPS?? When correcting a paragraph i need to covert the word if it appears at the start of a line to caps....... if i had a phrase like my name is james and would like to sign up. how do i convert "my" to "My" or the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing first letter to CAPS

Hi, I want to convert the first letter of this word from lowecase to uppercase. Assume a letter united. I want to translate to United Please let me know a simple way to do that. Thanks. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
22 Replies

3. Red Hat

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set Caps and Num lock from within X?

Hello, Not sure if this is the right place to post it but.. I have a requirement to set Caps lock and/or Num lock on and off via a Cron job. Now I have working scripts that do the job, but as soon as X starts up the jobs no longer run (well they appear to, but Caps lock and Num lock do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: autotuner
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files with caps?

Anyone know the proper command to copy files whose names CONTAIN a capital letter to a diff location? Every time I do it I ke copying ALL the files. Here is what ive tried cp ** newlocation cp newlocation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: losingit
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands in all caps

Is it possible to make a bash script such that entering a command in all capital letters would be equivalent to using "sudo" before that command? For example: "sudo chmod 777 foo.txt" becomes "CHMOD 777 foo.txt" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bloom
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to ignore CAPS or case sensitivity?

If I'm using a program that is expecting certain filenames and directories to be all CAPS, isn't there a way to ignore this in linux/cshell scripting? I.e., similiar to ignoring spaces with " (i.e., directory is directory 1, can ignore by typing "directory 1".) ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebazon
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Caps lock problem

hi all this s quite a foolish problem. I seem to hav pressed some keys s.t in unix, my letters are comin in caps and with caps lock on, i am getting lowercase letters. :o Pls help. Also is there any reference or manual where i can check in case such problems arrise? thanx in advance curiosity (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiosity
4 Replies
CAP_CLEAR(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      CAP_CLEAR(3)

NAME
cap_clear, cap_get_flag, cap_set_flag - capability data object manipulation SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/capability.h> int cap_clear(cap_t cap_p); int cap_get_flag(cap_t cap_p, cap_value_t cap, cap_flag_t flag, cap_flag_value_t *value_p); int cap_set_flag(cap_t cap_p, cap_flag_t flag, int ncap, cap_value_t *caps, cap_flag_value_t value); USAGE
cc ... -lcap DESCRIPTION
cap_clear initializes the capability state in working storage identified by cap_p in such a way that all capability flags are cleared. cap_get_flag obtains the current value of the capability flag, flag, of the capability, cap, from the capability state identified by cap_p and places it in the location pointed to by value_p. cap_set_flag sets the flag, flag, of each capability in the array caps in the capability state identified by cap_p to value. The argument, ncap, is used to specify the number of capabilities in the array, caps. A cap_value_t can identify any capability, such as CAP_CHOWN. A cap_flag_t can be set to CAP_EFFECTIVE, CAP_INHERITABLE or CAP_PERMITTED. A cap_flag_value_t can be CAP_CLEAR (0) or CAP_SET (1). RETURN VALUE
cap_clear, cap_get_flag and cap_set_flag return zero on success, and -1 on failure. On failure, errno(3) is set to EINVAL, indicating that one of the arguments is invalid. CONFORMING TO
These functions are specified by POSIX.1e. SEE ALSO
cap_copy_ext(3), cap_from_text(3), cap_get_file(3), cap_get_proc(3), cap_init(3) 26th May 1997 CAP_CLEAR(3)