Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with these scripts in nano... Post 302778083 by Yoda on Saturday 9th of March 2013 01:28:20 PM
Old 03-09-2013
Is this homework?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nano-2.0.6 HELP!!!!

Hi all, I have this problem. I am running suse linux 10.0 Enterprise. I was able to install nano-2.0.6 and as root I am able to use it. This is where my problem starts. When I exit root and try to use nano, I get this error message. nano: Command not found. but when I type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goku3g
3 Replies

2. Linux

microwindow and nano-X

Dear all I have problem in installing microwindows. What I did 1.I have microwindows-0.90 in home/SHIVA 2.cd microwindows-0.90/src 3.cp configs config 4.make clean; make 5. make 6.now it is giving error :- winevent.c:18: error: static declaration of ‘abs' follows non-static declaration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra_sk_in
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Nano installation for ON HP UX

How to isntall nano on HP UX? Thanks:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using nano x to design GUI

Hi, I am working on a project to develop an embedded device that can transfer files between two usb devices ( pen drives). We are using an NUC950A ARM9 microcontroller and we've put the Linux 2.1 kernel on the development board and it works. Can i use nano -x to design my own GUI so that i can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilumcc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Bash scripting using nano editor

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } As you can already tell I am a newbie. I took a Microsoft VB2008 a few month back. Now I'm taking Linux + and this course requires me to write scripts. The script executes but, I can't figure out or have not found anything that I can make out on the internet that can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANA4SPA
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Create files using Nano?

I need to switch files in a directory using Nano thinking i have all the files in the same directory? how would i go about doing that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
2 Replies
SETEUID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							SETEUID(2)

NAME
seteuid, setegid - set effective user or group ID SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int seteuid(uid_t euid); int setegid(gid_t egid); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): seteuid(), setegid(): _BSD_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 DESCRIPTION
seteuid() sets the effective user ID of the calling process. Unprivileged user processes may only set the effective user ID to the real user ID, the effective user ID or the saved set-user-ID. Precisely the same holds for setegid() with "group" instead of "user". RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM The calling process is not privileged (Linux: does not have the CAP_SETUID capability in the case of seteuid(), or the CAP_SETGID capability in the case of setegid()) and euid (respectively, egid) is not the real user (group) ID, the effective user (group) ID, or the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID). CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Setting the effective user (group) ID to the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID) is possible since Linux 1.1.37 (1.1.38). On an arbi- trary system one should check _POSIX_SAVED_IDS. Under libc4, libc5 and glibc 2.0 seteuid(euid) is equivalent to setreuid(-1, euid) and hence may change the saved set-user-ID. Under glibc 2.1 and later it is equivalent to setresuid(-1, euid, -1) and hence does not change the saved set-user-ID. Similar remarks hold for sete- gid(). According to POSIX.1, seteuid() (setegid()) need not permit euid (egid) to be the same value as the current effective user (group) ID, and some implementations do not permit this. SEE ALSO
geteuid(2), setresuid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), capabilities(7), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-10-17 SETEUID(2)