Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ~c is not working properly with -r option Post 302778035 by Tapan Sharma on Saturday 9th of March 2013 08:27:15 AM
Old 03-09-2013
Linux ~c is not working properly with -r option

Hi There,

---------
file1
-------
~c asd@ac.com

--------------

Now i am using below command

cat file1|mailx -s " testing" -r " My Name" abc@tech.com

above command is not working properly

this not giving cc list

if i use it with our -r then it's working properly but i need to use both the options . i want some one to be there in CC list and from adress must be my teams name .

can anybody suggest please

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard not working properly...

Hello Again, Those that have noticed my earlier posts will know that I have succesfully installed Solaris 8 onto my pc. I haven't been able to get x-server working (i think it doesn't like my video card) though I've been able to log into root (with a bit of help from unix forums :o ) and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timresh
2 Replies

2. Programming

y is this not working properly?

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> struct stat s; main() { char c; if (fork()==0) { system("clear"); do { printf("myAI\\>§ "); scanf("%s",c); if(stat(c,&s)>-1) {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet is not working properly

telnet at my system is behaving stange. Some times I am able to telnet to other machines but sometimes it stop doing that. Then i have to reboot the machine and most of the time (not 100%) it works. SImilar is the case with SSH. Sometime it works , some time it don't. i am new to Unix and I do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepak_pathania
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

FC card not working properly

Hi I've a problem with Hp-ux 11.11 9000/800/rp3440 system. Already the software for driver & its patch are loaded for HBA Fibrechannel card, but still the fibrechannel card is showing the status "Unclaimed" . What will be reason for this? How to get the status "Claimed" ? Pl. help me out.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n not working properly

Hi all, I'm trying to generate a series of txt files starting from a plain csv file part of my code: #!/bin/ksh INSTALLDIR=/Users/ME/Installdir CSV=CSV.csv TMP=/tmp/$(basename $0).txt tr -s "\r" "\n" < /$INSTALLDIR/$CSV > $TMP function Makefiles { printf '%24s:%30s\n' "sometext"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jive Spector
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail is not working properly

Hi All, Can any one help me to solve the issue. The Issue is, i have started the sendmail service on my RHEL 4 update 6 box, I am able to send the mail from my box to almost all of the Email Id's except few. Exampe, test mail. . Output is :the message is sent. now if I send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working properly

I am using mailx command in my script to attach a file and send an email. I need to attach a csv file and send email to a mail id - I am using uuencode output.csv output.csv | mailx -s "test mail" xyz@abc.com This will send a mail with scrambled text in body. am i missing something ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable option not properly recognized

I'm creating a junk script which utilizes either -l or -p to list files or remove files, respectively, in the junk directory. When I run this code, inputting '-p' is unrecognized through the whole if/else block and falls to the last else (echo do nothing). In addition, I switched tests and tested... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haishuva
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join not working properly

I want to join two files , with file 1 col 3 and file 2 col 1 as key. The join command is erratic for some reason. File 2 is a master file having all the names, and file 1 has some values. I want to add the names from fil2 in file 1. If I use the original master file, some output is missing. ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expansion not working properly

I'm using an Ubuntu machine and expansion is not working properly. What would cause this? Do I need to check for any particular bash packages? $ ipcs -m | grep $USER | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}' $ ipcs -m | grep UNF | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}' 294912 1048577 425986 688131 786436 1245189... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
14 Replies
CAT(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAT(1)

NAME
cat -- concatenate and print files SYNOPSIS
cat [-benstuv] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The cat utility reads files sequentially, writing them to the standard output. The file operands are processed in command-line order. If file is a single dash ('-') or absent, cat reads from the standard input. If file is a UNIX domain socket, cat connects to it and then reads it until EOF. This complements the UNIX domain binding capability available in inetd(8). The options are as follows: -b Number the non-blank output lines, starting at 1. -e Display non-printing characters (see the -v option), and display a dollar sign ('$') at the end of each line. -n Number the output lines, starting at 1. -s Squeeze multiple adjacent empty lines, causing the output to be single spaced. -t Display non-printing characters (see the -v option), and display tab characters as '^I'. -u Disable output buffering. -v Display non-printing characters so they are visible. Control characters print as '^X' for control-X; the delete character (octal 0177) prints as '^?'. Non-ASCII characters (with the high bit set) are printed as 'M-' (for meta) followed by the character for the low 7 bits. EXIT STATUS
The cat utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The command: cat file1 will print the contents of file1 to the standard output. The command: cat file1 file2 > file3 will sequentially print the contents of file1 and file2 to the file file3, truncating file3 if it already exists. See the manual page for your shell (i.e., sh(1)) for more information on redirection. The command: cat file1 - file2 - file3 will print the contents of file1, print data it receives from the standard input until it receives an EOF ('^D') character, print the con- tents of file2, read and output contents of the standard input again, then finally output the contents of file3. Note that if the standard input referred to a file, the second dash on the command-line would have no effect, since the entire contents of the file would have already been read and printed by cat when it encountered the first '-' operand. SEE ALSO
head(1), more(1), pr(1), sh(1), tail(1), vis(1), zcat(1), setbuf(3) Rob Pike, "UNIX Style, or cat -v Considered Harmful", USENIX Summer Conference Proceedings, 1983. STANDARDS
The cat utility is compliant with the IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2'') specification. The flags [-benstv] are extensions to the specification. HISTORY
A cat utility appeared in Version 1 AT&T UNIX. Dennis Ritchie designed and wrote the first man page. It appears to have been cat(1). BUGS
Because of the shell language mechanism used to perform output redirection, the command ``cat file1 file2 > file1'' will cause the original data in file1 to be destroyed! The cat utility does not recognize multibyte characters when the -t or -v option is in effect. BSD
March 21, 2004 BSD