Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql Post 302777741 by Linusolaradm1 on Friday 8th of March 2013 10:52:29 AM
Old 03-08-2013
Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql

On psql

Code:
select titolo,lingua from titolo where titolo ~*  'brivid';

Code:
 titolo  | lingua 
 ------- + ------  
 Brivido | 1

On Sqlplus/gqsql

Code:
SQL> select titolo,genere,anno,lingua  from titolo where titolo like '%rivid%';

Code:
TITOLO --------------------------------------------------------------------------------     GENERE ANNO     LINGUA ---------- ---- ---------- 
Brivido      1 1986      1

How can format the sql output on sqlplus to do something similar like mysql or psql?
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Format issue: Output of sqlplus

Hi, I am using a query like below in my shell script : { { echo "set echo off" echo "set head off" echo "whenever sqlerror exit -1; select NUMBER ||','|| FNAME ||','|| LOC ||','|| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to format mysql output

Hi all, Does anyone know how to format the output from mysql from within a shell script? i.e. RESULT=`mysql command` echo ${RESULT} the ${RESULT} only displays the output on one line instead of how mysql would display it as columns etc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Oracle sqlplus output

a job extracts orcle data into unix as flat file. a single record breaks into two record in unix flat file. This is the case only for 6 records out of 60 lack records. (its not single record in two line. but its single record into record. ie., \n come into picture) can you tell me what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output from sqlplus while writing to log file.

Hi I have developed bash script to connect to database and execute .sql files. I am logging some statements in to log file using echo. While logging I am adding the date in front of the log statements which makes sense. I am unable to add date in front of output from the sqlplus and sqlldr,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script

Hello everyone, I have a RHEL 5 system and have been trying to get a batch of 3-4 scripts each in a separate variables and they are not working as expected. I tried using following syntax which I saw a lot of people on this site use and should really work, though for some reason it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help getting my output from MYSQL query into right format

Good afternoon! I have been lurking in this forum for awhile now. I have just recently started posting. I think this is a really good site. With that being said, I don't like to just run and get an answer before I try my best first. I have poured some blood, sweat and tears into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'. What is wrong with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sqlplus code format

Hi, I have some questions about sqlplus running from bash. I am still new and learning. I have the code shown below: echo "exit" | sqlplus... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohca2020
10 Replies
PG(1)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						     PG(1)

NAME npg
       npg - NetDisco Postgres shell

SYNOPSIS
npg [options] [file.sql] DESCRIPTION
Specify an SQL file to be run in batch mode, or don't give any arguments to launch the psql shell. OPTIONS
-b -- Batch mode, no override protection -d /usr/lib/netdisco -- Path to netdisco "Home Directory" (can be ignored) -c /path/to/netdisco.conf -- Netdisco Config file to use -u pgsql -- Database UNIX user -p /path/to/psql -- psql cli executable -i -- Init all tables (Will delete all existing data!) --back -- Create Backup of database AUTHOR
Max Baker COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) 2006 Max Baker. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of the University of California, Santa Cruz nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-24 PG(1)