Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20 Post 302777579 by vbe on Friday 8th of March 2013 06:38:58 AM
Old 03-08-2013
and vgdisplay vg00
or even vgdisplay -v vg00
The idea was if you had onlineJFS (great if...) and had still some space left on the disk(s)

And swapinfo -tam...

Last edited by vbe; 03-08-2013 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: swapinfo...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems restoring Ignite make_recovery DAT backups

Can anyone help with an HP Ignite problem please !! We currently have 2 servers running HP-UX B.11.00 connected together and using a high availability cluster (serviceguard) running one package. Each of the servers have 2 mirrored local disks. (also installed HP OpenviewDM B.05.03, Oracle 8.0.5,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clivethegadget
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies
vxbootsetup(1M) 														   vxbootsetup(1M)

NAME
vxbootsetup - set up system boot information on a Veritas Volume Manager disk SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxbootsetup [-g diskgroup] [medianame ... ] DESCRIPTION
The vxbootsetup utility configures physical disks so that they can be used to boot the system. Before vxbootsetup is called to configure a disk, the required volumes, standvol, rootvol and swapvol (and optionally, dumpvol) must be created on the disk. All of these volumes must be contiguous with only one subdisk. The -g option may be used to specify the boot disk group. If no medianame arguments are specified, all disks that contain usable mirrors of the root, swap, /usr and /var volumes are configured to be bootable. If medianame arguments are given, only the disks that are associated with the specified disk names are configured to be bootable. vxbootsetup requires that: o The root volume must be named rootvol and must have a usage type of root. o The swap volume must be named swapvol and must have a usage type of swap. o The volumes containing /usr and /var (if any) must be named usr and var, respectively. See the chapter "Recovery from Boot Disk Failure" in the Veritas Volume Manager Troubleshooting Guide for detailed information on how the system boots and how VxVM impacts the system boot process. The vxmirror, vxrootmir, and vxresize utilities call vxbootsetup automatically. If you use vxassist, or vxmake and vxplex to create mirrors of the root volume on a disk, you must run vxbootsetup explicitly to make the disk bootable. ARGUMENTS
medianame Specifies the disk name (disk media name) of a VM disk that is to be configured as bootable. SEE ALSO
disksetup(1M), edvtoc(1M), vxassist(1M), vxevac(1M), vxinstall(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxmirror(1M), vxplex(1M), vxresize(1M), vxrootmir(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Troubleshooting Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxbootsetup(1M)