Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting up env variable in ksh Post 302777477 by busyboy on Friday 8th of March 2013 03:18:12 AM
Old 03-08-2013
this is the rigidness of csh..try developing CSH compatible statements in your sourced file or make them ready for CSH during run-time

Code:
awk '/export/ { gsub(/export/,"setnev",$0); gsub(/=/," ",$0 ); print  > "TempUploadVars" }' UploadEnv

and then source the TempUploadVars

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

setting env

I am trying to set up my compiler, but when I go to look for gcc it not found but I get a message that stayed (/usr/oasys/bin) and when I go into the dir to set my env the following is type cp : cannot creat //pref/.environ: no such file or directory and I input ./setenv PATH=... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alsande
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some env setting is causing the script not to work ?

Not sure what has changed in the Unix environment. The following script which was working is now not working. #!/usr/bin/ksh # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: monitor_db.sh # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uuser
1 Replies

3. AIX

edit env. setting

hi eveybody, i m trying to set acl using acledit command in AIX box but wat im gettung is 3002-100 acledit: EDITOR environment variable not set can anyone help me out how 2 set editor.................... thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Help with csh env setting in Fedora 8

Hi there, How can I change bash to csh when starting a terminal, and set some aliases for csh? I can't find such files like .cshrc in my home directory. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting ksh environmental variable

Hi, I have problem setting up environmental variables. The idea is to start with main.ksh script that will run setting.ksh, and in side of it I'll set up variables. Please take a look at my code, and help me to find my mistake. Thanks, Mila Main.ksh look like this: #!/usr/bin/ksh #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mefquik
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting env variables using script

Hi, I wrote two small scripts to set env variables in a shell. java_env.csh #!/bin/csh -fn setenv JAVA_HOME '/scratch/software/jdk1.5.0_11' setenv PATH $PATH':'$JAVA_HOME'/bin' and run it using csh ./java_env.csh But the env variables are not set. I tried running each line on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoviceAmod
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting Variable in TCL to be understood by KSH Shell

Hi , I am having one TCL TK script , I am setting some variables in the GUI TK interface set DI 1 set MODELS_PATH /a/d/path but I want to make ksh shell understand the variables when I am running TK script I tried to do like this set a but it is not working ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a variable in a while loop (.ksh script)

Hello Everyone, I'm still trying to grasp many concepts in .ksh scripting, one of them being variables inside loops. My problem is the following: * I'm trying to set a variable inside a while read loop to reuse it outside of said loop. My lines are the following :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy75_13
13 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting ENV variables in PERL

I have perl script and in the first line we are invoking .sh script to set ENV variables. e..g eval '. $envfile; exec $PERL -S $0 "$@"' I want to change some of the env variables while the program is running and I am settging it like this .. $ENV{ORACLE_HOME}=trim($oraclehome);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)