Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ISO C++ ambiguous error
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ISO C++ ambiguous error Post 302777319 by DGPickett on Thursday 7th of March 2013 03:58:04 PM
Old 03-07-2013
Can you override binary infix operator == with one argument?
Code:
RWBoolean
operator==(const RWCString&, const char*     );
RWBoolean
operator==(const char*,      const RWCString&);
RWBoolean
operator==(const RWCString&, const RWCString&);

RWCString

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ambiguous redirect

i have following statement in the script echo -e "$str_XML_col_name:$str_field_type;" >> $i_DC_Key_$i_Tgt_DC_key_Schema here $i_DC_Key is DC key and $i_Tgt_DC_key are the variables............... when i ran the script i am getting error rec_merge.sh: $i_DC_Key_$i_Tgt_DC_key_Schema:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting Ambiguous error on kill -9 @pid from csh

Hello all i have simple script that executing program every 10 seconds im invoke this script as daemon with second script that put it in the background this is my first script (IsAliveTester.csh) #!/bin/csh -f @ iSleep = 10 set processName = "ClientTester" while(1) $processName ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

`ls -l`: Ambiguous

Hi, I'm trying to code a simple script (c-shell) on a Solaris box and I'm getting an "Ambiguous" error. These are the lines that cause the error: On c-shell: > set var = "" > @ var = `ls -l` `ls -l`: Ambiguous However if I change the second line to: > set var = `ls -l` This works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guillermo Lopez
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but it giveing error. it's excuted yesterday. SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'` CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"` CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but i got error. it's excuted yesterday. SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'` CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"` CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET CMP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect error

Hi everyone, While I was trying to do DATE=`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"` STARTLOG=$TUXSTDDIR/start_$DATE.log tmboot -y > $STARTLOG 2>&1 I got an error i.e. Ambiguous output redirect error. Here the first part is to boot the account so there is nothing wrong with that.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ambiguous redirect error

This script has ambiguous redirect error. ... cd $HOME cd folder/work # search all subfolders in work directory find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read directory do CUR_FOLDER="${directory#"./"}" cd $CUR_FOLDER chmod 644 * for ff in *; do if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous error

Hello everybody, I just took over this job from someone else and in the past this script they built worked but i recently upgraded from openSuSe 11.4 to 12.1 Now when i run the script i get an ambiguous error at line 25 (the first line after add() ) I have edited out the webpath and any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gumbicus
1 Replies

10. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)