Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to run windows application in Ubuntu? Post 302776787 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 11:14:37 PM
Old 03-07-2013
Here my problem is I can install matlab for linux, but my model is written in fortran and matlab which works only in windows machine, so if I can able to configure wine to access matlab installed in windows, I hope I can use my model

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an application installed in another unix pc?

Do you guys have any suggestions? hpterm -e rlogin <another unix pc> ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application to run on ports

I do not have much idea about ports. How can i make an application(written in C) to run on a specific port ? Does the code internally written in C says about port number where the application to run ? Can i make an application to select port dynamically which are closed(other than standard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt with How to run an application automatically?

Dear sir, I want to know if i shut-down my system and while starting it next time automatically one application starts running, Is there any way? I an using Suse linux OS. PLz Help me! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing my windows Application on Ubuntu

I am sure this is simple to do but as a newbie to UNIX i don't know much. I have Ubuntu installed on my machine alongside windows 7. How do i access all the folders, files and more importantly programs and softwares installed on Windows so i can use them in Ubuntu instead of going back and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pipsonian
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run application at startup

We have a Windows Service written in C# ported over to linux using Mono Develop... The code is working 100% when we run a script file which runs the exe... but we want the application to run at startup.... The application gathers info of the computer eg. Hard Disk Space etc... And compress it into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodzaan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run C# .NET Application in Unix

I have an application I wrote that is designed to run on a windows system but now starting to think I would rather be using Unix. Would the application have to be 100% rewritten to work on unix, or is there something I could install that would allow me to run my .NET application inside unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redbrad0
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Application clustering in Linux Ubuntu

Dear, Please help me to configure application clustering in linux ubuntu. Application is running apache server. Please help Jewel ---------- Post updated at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:48 PM ---------- linuxvirtualserver dot org in this link i go there's three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel100
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run an application in shell script

I run the following command using the command line. I need to run the same command in shell script : ./sas.server start start is a parameter that passes to start.server to startup services within start.server. the path to sas.server is /path/Lev1 Here is my code: #!/bin/sh set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies
DEBIAN-MATLAB-MEXHELPER(1)					   User Commands					DEBIAN-MATLAB-MEXHELPER(1)

NAME
debian-matlab-mexhelper - helper to build Matlab extensions on Debian SYNOPSIS
debian-matlab-mexhelper [OPTIONS] <package name> <mode> DESCRIPTION
The is a small helper that eases building and installing MEX extensions for Matlab toolbox packages in Debian binary packages. Because these packages cannot build-depend on Matlab (for obvious reasons) they need to compile their extensions at installation time using a local Matlab installation. The helper is somewhat flexible by supporting custom build, install and clean commands, as well as source and destina- tion directories. It also deals with moving extensions into library directories and automatically symlinks them into the toolbox direc- tory. There are two major modes: 'install' to build, install and symlink extensions (useful in postinst) and 'clean' to remove installed exten- sions and symlinks (useful in prerm). The command to build the extensions is invoked in the source directory. By default, this is /usr/src/matlab/<package name>, but can be overridden with the --src-dir option. Any optional 'install' (--install-cmd) and 'clean' (--clean-cmd) are invoked in the source directory too. Moreover, this helper will also take any installed extensions from a default installation path /usr/share/matlab/site/m/<package name>, move them into /usr/lib/matlab/site/<package name> and symlink back to the original location. These locations can be configured with the --m-dir and --mex-dir options respectively. Again, this step is optional and is only performed if a package actually installs extensions inot this location. OPTIONS
-h Print usage summary and option list. --help Print full help. --version Print version information and exit. --build-cmd Command to build the extensions in the source directory --install-cmd Command to install the extensions after building --clean-cmd Command to clean the source tree after installation. This is not the command that is executed in 'clean' mode. --src-dir Directory with the extension sources. This is also the directory in which build, install and clean commands get invoked. --mex-dir Target directory into which binary extensions get moved. --m-dir Target directory in which symlinks to binary extensions get created. --make Set default commands for 'build-cmd' (make), 'install-cmd' (make install DESTDIR=$m_dir) and 'clean-cmd' (make distclean) if no spe- cific command has been provided via the respective options. EXAMPLES
The following call can be used in a package's postinst script if it comes with a Matlab script 'build_matlab.m' that builds and installs its extension into the desired locations. The --src-dir option is used to point to a non-standard location of the extension sources. debian-matlab-mexhelper somepackagename install --src-dir /usr/src/dynare-matlab/mex/sources --build-cmd 'matlab -nodesktop -nodisplay -nojvm -r build_matlab' If a package installs extension sources into the standard location and builds its extensions using a Makefile that support the DESTDIR for installing the built extensions and a 'distclean' target it is sufficient to run the following. debian-matlab-mexhelper somepackagename install --make Otherwise it is also possible to fully customize all commands. debian-matlab-mexhelper difficultpackage install --build-cmd 'make -C src all toolbox MEXBIN="matlab-mex"' --install-cmd 'make -C src install && find . ! -wholename "./src" -name "*.mex?*" -print0 | xargs -0 -I {} cp -v --parent {} /usr/share/difficultpackage' --clean-cmd 'make -C src distclean tool- box-distclean && find . -name "*.mex?*" -delete' If a package uses debian-matlab-mexhelper to install extensions into the standard location it can also be used to remove all MEX extensions and created symlinks when a package is removed from a system. To achieve this simply put the following call into a package's prerm script. debian-matlab-mexhelper packagename clean AUTHOR
Written by Michael Hanke. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com> Licensed under GNU Public License version 3 or later. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. debian-matlab-mexhelper 0.0.18 March 2012 DEBIAN-MATLAB-MEXHELPER(1)