Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy between two different folders containing same sub-folders Post 302775937 by jacobs.smith on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 04:48:37 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
If you want input1 and input2 to always be the same, you could make input2 a symlink to input1.

If they must be kept separate for some reason and merged later -- if you're expecting bash to be faster than cp, that's kind of optimistic. Special-purpose utility optimized for this, vs a hand-written shell script?

Code:
cp -nr input2/* input1/

-n for no-clobber, it will not overwrite anything in input2.
Thanks Corona. I will try this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy Structure excluding some folders

Hi I want to copy the structure from one place to another. -> cd /hol/; -> find . -type d | cpio -pvdm /abc/cat; while copying the structure I want to exclude some directories like test1 and Test. I have read somewhere that this can be done with -prune option. Could anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumodeep123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file to two folders with condition

Hello! Please, help me write this simple script using bash scripting. Task: In Folder1 I have files: name1.txt, name2.txt, name3.txt .. etc In Folder2 may located such files: name1.txt, name2.txt .. etc In Folder3 may located files like: name1.txt_abc{some_symbols}_vxz,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making 99 folders 99 folders deep

I am trying to make a unix shell script that will make 99 folders 99 deep (counting the first level folders). So far i have made it make the first 99 folders and 99 more in all of the folders. The only problem is the only way i have found is copying and pasting part of the script over and over and... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: YukonAppleGeek
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script to copy folders recursively

hi all I want a script that will use ftp to copy folder and sub folders from source server to current server. if i use -r switch then it just copies folders for 5 level. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Folders and ZIP IT

HI All I have one master folder : ABCXYZ I have sub folder in there : AB XY AZ AC PR AL Now i want to copy AB , PR ,AL in to one new folder and zip it with time stamp. like Pre_02192013_12_32.zip Zip folder should be in master folder. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy all but three folders

Hi, Below is the listing of folder "greece" $ cd greece $ ls tmp server logs properties I wish to copy all the contents of the dir "greece" to /tmp except the below three folders and its contents under "greece" 1.logs 2.server/bin/logs 3. server/cacheI am using sh (normal C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rsync added new folders after copy?

Hi guys, Don't really know much about unix or anything, just starting to mess around a little bit to have more understanding in general. So, I tried using rsync to copy my macbook pro backup/clone from an external drive I have to another external drive. I ended up using... "sudo rsync -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbjeebs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)						    Box Backup							RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)

NAME
raidfile-config - Configure Box Backup's RAID files SYNOPSIS
raidfile-config config-dir blocksize dir1 [dir2 [dir3]] DESCRIPTION
raidfile-config creates a raidfile.conf file for Box Backup. This file holds information about the directories used to store backups in. Box Backup supports userland RAID, in a restricted RAID5 configuration, where 3 and only 3 'drives' are supported. You can read more about RAID5 (and other RAID-levels) here[1]. Parameters The parameters are as follows: config-dir The directory path where configuration files are located. Usually this is /etc/box. raidfile.conf will be written in this directory. blocksize The block size used for file storage in the system, in bytes. Using a multiple of the file system block size is a good strategy. Depending on the size of the files you will be backing up, this multiple varies. Of course it also depends on the native block size of your file system. dir1 The first directory in the built-in RAID array. dir2 The second directory in the built-in RAID array. If you are not using the built-in RAID functionality, this field should be ignored. You should not use the built-in RAID if you have a hardware RAID solution or if you're using another type of software RAID (like md on Linux). dir3 The third directory in the built-in RAID array. The same notes that apply to dir2 also apply to dir3. Note that there are currently no way to add multiple disk sets to the raidfile.conf file using command line tools, etc. See raidfile.conf(5) for details on adding more disks. BUGS
If you find a bug in Box Backup, and you want to let us know about it, join the mailing list[2], and send a description of the problem there. To report a bug, give us at least the following information: o The version of Box Backup you are running o The platform you are running on (hardware and OS), for both client and server. o If possible attach your config files (bbstored.conf, bbackupd.conf) to the bug report. o Also attach any log file output that helps shed light on the problem you are seeing. o And last but certainly not least, a description of what you are seeing, in as much detail as possible. FILES
raidfile-config generates the raidfile.conf(5) file. SEE ALSO
bbstored-config(8), bbstored.conf(5), raidfile.conf(5) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman NOTES
1. here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks#RAID_5 2. mailing list http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/boxbackup Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)