Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy between two different folders containing same sub-folders Post 302775937 by jacobs.smith on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 04:48:37 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
If you want input1 and input2 to always be the same, you could make input2 a symlink to input1.

If they must be kept separate for some reason and merged later -- if you're expecting bash to be faster than cp, that's kind of optimistic. Special-purpose utility optimized for this, vs a hand-written shell script?

Code:
cp -nr input2/* input1/

-n for no-clobber, it will not overwrite anything in input2.
Thanks Corona. I will try this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy Structure excluding some folders

Hi I want to copy the structure from one place to another. -> cd /hol/; -> find . -type d | cpio -pvdm /abc/cat; while copying the structure I want to exclude some directories like test1 and Test. I have read somewhere that this can be done with -prune option. Could anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumodeep123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file to two folders with condition

Hello! Please, help me write this simple script using bash scripting. Task: In Folder1 I have files: name1.txt, name2.txt, name3.txt .. etc In Folder2 may located such files: name1.txt, name2.txt .. etc In Folder3 may located files like: name1.txt_abc{some_symbols}_vxz,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making 99 folders 99 folders deep

I am trying to make a unix shell script that will make 99 folders 99 deep (counting the first level folders). So far i have made it make the first 99 folders and 99 more in all of the folders. The only problem is the only way i have found is copying and pasting part of the script over and over and... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: YukonAppleGeek
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script to copy folders recursively

hi all I want a script that will use ftp to copy folder and sub folders from source server to current server. if i use -r switch then it just copies folders for 5 level. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Folders and ZIP IT

HI All I have one master folder : ABCXYZ I have sub folder in there : AB XY AZ AC PR AL Now i want to copy AB , PR ,AL in to one new folder and zip it with time stamp. like Pre_02192013_12_32.zip Zip folder should be in master folder. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy all but three folders

Hi, Below is the listing of folder "greece" $ cd greece $ ls tmp server logs properties I wish to copy all the contents of the dir "greece" to /tmp except the below three folders and its contents under "greece" 1.logs 2.server/bin/logs 3. server/cacheI am using sh (normal C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rsync added new folders after copy?

Hi guys, Don't really know much about unix or anything, just starting to mess around a little bit to have more understanding in general. So, I tried using rsync to copy my macbook pro backup/clone from an external drive I have to another external drive. I ended up using... "sudo rsync -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbjeebs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
gdcmdiff(1)							       GDCM							       gdcmdiff(1)

NAME
gdcmdiff - .SH "SYNOPSIS" gdcmdiff [options] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The gdcmdiff command line program takes as input two DICOM file: file1 and file2. PARAMETERS
file1 DICOM input filename file2 DICOM output filename options options -m --meta Compare metainformation. Default is off. -t <n> --truncate <n> String values trimmed to n characters. general options -h --help print this help text and exit -v --version print version information and exit -V --verbose verbose mode (warning+error). -W --warning warning mode, print warning information -E --error error mode, print error information -D --debug debug mode, print debug information Simple usage gdcmdiff is a great tool to diff DICOM files. Usage is simply: $ gdcmdiff input1.dcm input2.dcm SEE ALSO
gdcmdump(1), gdcminfo(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Mathieu Malaterre Version 2.2.0 Tue Feb 5 2013 gdcmdiff(1)