Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with this question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with this question Post 302775931 by Corona688 on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 04:46:16 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Yet Another Question

Now that I have getch() to work, I have yet another problem. BTW, thank you for answering these questions, I do ask a lot, only because I am eager to know, what is a board used for anyways :) Ok, he's the problem... #include iostream.h #include conio.h int main() { char movement; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. Solaris

vi question

Im trying to edit a 113 meg file in VI and i get the error TMP FILE TOO LARGE. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv question

Hello if I like to move file from defined directories system to new directory that not contained any directories system structure . But I like to create the same file system structure as source directory for example : I have 2 directories: foo1 and foo2 foo1 have directories and foo2 have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc

Hey my friend was asking me if i knew a way to cout how many different words in a file. I told him no not off hand, but i was thinking about it, and i started to wonder also. I imagine this is probably pretty simple im just missing something, I keep confusing my self with how you would compair and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodadbl07
16 Replies

6. Hardware

question

How to add 3 moniters to a pc set up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
2 Replies

7. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies
HEXBIN(L)																 HEXBIN(L)

NAME
hexbin - Macintosh file de-binhexer SYNOPSIS
hexbin [ - options ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
hexbin takes the text files specified in files (or standard input if none is specified) and converts them subject to the options specified. OPTIONS
In the absence of any options, hexbin takes the specified files and silently converts them into MacBinary format, giving the output files ".bin" extensions and placing them in the current working directory. -3 Write files in fork format (.info, .data and .rsrc files.) -f As -3, but empty data and rsrc files are not created. -r Write resource forks only (.rsrc files.) -d Write data forks only (.data files.) -u As -d, but the codes for CR and LF are interchanged, the filename extension is .text. -U As -u, but there is no filename extension. -a Write files in AppleShare format. This option is only valid if the program is compiled with support for some form of AppleShare. The current directory must be a valid AppleShare folder. -s Write extracted files to standard output in MacBinary format. -l List every file extracted (and every directory/folder created etc.) -v Like -l, but more verbose. When this option is specified all lines skipped because they do not belong to the hexified format are listed (implies -l.) -i Do not convert, give information only (implies -l.) -c Do not check whether the hexified lines have equal size. Normally the hexifiers gives text files with equal length line size, hexbin uses this in its heuristics to determine whether a line must be skipped. There are however hexified files that do not con- form to that pattern. If this option is specified hexbin will in general be unable to detect whether a line is garbage or not, so you have to remove the garbage by hand. -n name Gives the Unix base file name for the converted files. For files hexified with BinHex 4.0 or compatible hexifiers this flag is not needed; hexbin will determine the Unix file name based on the Mac file name. For files in dl, hex or hcx format this parameter may be needed as these formats do not include the Mac filename. Normally hexbin will in those cases base the Unix file name on the text file name, but that can be overruled with this parameter. -V Gives the patchlevel of the program, and other information. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. -H Give short information about the options. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. BUGS
As this is a beta release, there may still be some problems. SEE ALSO
macutil(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) Parts of the code are based on codes from: ahm (?), Darin Adler, Jim Budler, Dave Johnson, Dan LaLiberte, Jeff Meyer, Guido van Rossum. 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 HEXBIN(L)