Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy between two different folders containing same sub-folders Post 302775875 by jacobs.smith on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 02:29:21 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Copy between two different folders containing same sub-folders

I have a folder like this

Code:
ls input1

dir1 dir2 dir3 file1 file2 file3

dir1, dir2 and dir3 are sub-folders inside the folder input1

Code:
ls input2

dir1 dir2 dir3 file1 file2 file3

My dir1 in input1 folder has files f1, f2, f3 and f4.

My dir1 in input2 folder has file f4 and f5.

Now, I would like to have a bash script which checks the sub-folder names and updates the contents, but never replaces the entire contents.

If I would like to copy the contents of input2 to input1, then my dir1 sub-folder's contents in input1 should be f1, f2,f3,f4 and f5. But not just f4 and f5.

I could try cp, but my folders size is more than 500GB.

Any helps are highly appreciated. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy Structure excluding some folders

Hi I want to copy the structure from one place to another. -> cd /hol/; -> find . -type d | cpio -pvdm /abc/cat; while copying the structure I want to exclude some directories like test1 and Test. I have read somewhere that this can be done with -prune option. Could anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumodeep123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file to two folders with condition

Hello! Please, help me write this simple script using bash scripting. Task: In Folder1 I have files: name1.txt, name2.txt, name3.txt .. etc In Folder2 may located such files: name1.txt, name2.txt .. etc In Folder3 may located files like: name1.txt_abc{some_symbols}_vxz,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making 99 folders 99 folders deep

I am trying to make a unix shell script that will make 99 folders 99 deep (counting the first level folders). So far i have made it make the first 99 folders and 99 more in all of the folders. The only problem is the only way i have found is copying and pasting part of the script over and over and... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: YukonAppleGeek
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script to copy folders recursively

hi all I want a script that will use ftp to copy folder and sub folders from source server to current server. if i use -r switch then it just copies folders for 5 level. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Folders and ZIP IT

HI All I have one master folder : ABCXYZ I have sub folder in there : AB XY AZ AC PR AL Now i want to copy AB , PR ,AL in to one new folder and zip it with time stamp. like Pre_02192013_12_32.zip Zip folder should be in master folder. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy all but three folders

Hi, Below is the listing of folder "greece" $ cd greece $ ls tmp server logs properties I wish to copy all the contents of the dir "greece" to /tmp except the below three folders and its contents under "greece" 1.logs 2.server/bin/logs 3. server/cacheI am using sh (normal C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rsync added new folders after copy?

Hi guys, Don't really know much about unix or anything, just starting to mess around a little bit to have more understanding in general. So, I tried using rsync to copy my macbook pro backup/clone from an external drive I have to another external drive. I ended up using... "sudo rsync -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbjeebs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
nfexpire(1)															       nfexpire(1)

NAME
nfanon - netflow anonymisation SYNOPSIS
nfanon [options] DESCRIPTION
nfanon is used to anonymise all IP addresses ( src, dst, next hop, router IP etc. ) in the netflow records using the CryptoPAn (Cryptogra- phy-based Prefix-preserving Anonymization) module. The key -K is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. The key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. See http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/Telecomm/cryptopan/ for more information about CryptoPAn. nfanon has several modes of operation. o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M and anonymises the flows in the given files. The input file arguments have the same syntax and meaning as nfdump(1). o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M. All anonymised flows are written to a single file specified by -w. o nfanon works as filter and reads flows from stding and writes the anonymised flows to stdout. OPTIONS
-r inputfile Read input data from inputfile. Default is read from stdin. -R expr Read input from a sequence of files in the same directory. expr may be one of: /any/dir Read recursively all files in directory dir. /dir/file Read all files beginning with file. /dir/file1:file2 Read all files from file1 to file2. Note: files are read in alphabetical sequence. -M expr Read input from multiple directories. expr looks like: /any/path/to/dir1:dir2:dir3 etc. and will be expanded to the directories: /any/path/to/dir1, /any/path/to/dir2 and /any/path/to/dir3 Any number of colon separated directories may be given. The files to read are specified by -r or -R and are expected to exist in all the given directories. The options -r and -R must not contain any directory part when used in conjunction with -M. -w outputfile If specified writes anonymised netflow records to outputfile. -K key The key is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 No error. 255 Initialization failed. 250 Internal error. NOTES
None. SEE ALSO
nfdump(1) BUGS
2009-09-09 nfexpire(1)