Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace command Post 302775433 by elixir_sinari on Monday 4th of March 2013 09:42:51 PM
Old 03-04-2013
Code:
s/Lsat010*/seq/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to replace character

I've been googling for the following for the past few weeks several times, but haven't yet come across something that I could easily grasp. Can someone point me in the right direction please? I'm trying to replace a character in file names, i.e. the character is a period, and I want to replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi command - replace

Hi, Given a long text file. How can I replace all full stops- with semicolon thanks, tictactoe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How I can replace this command --need help

Hi, can I delate first line in a file without opening a file. Normal unix "sed -i '1d' $path/cash.log" command is working fine, but my windows application not supporting latest version of sed, I also tried to download latest version of sed.exe but failed to find one. I am in a process of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhish
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace command in one line using one command

Hi, I have a entry in the file as ::BSNL GUJARAT::India::OUT::NAT::REWEL::POSTPAID::919426199995 if u see this, i have the delimiter as :: , all i want is to replace "::" as ":" so how to do that.. pls help thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with replace command with tr

I have a sample file like this 7829885 7831552 + 1 1667, 0, 35934936 35937087 - 2 1281,870, 0,1281, I would like to replace values starts with comma with just value like 0, to 0 or 1667, to 1667. I can do with this by using tr -d '0,' '0' <file But the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace command

Hi, i used to do on soalris box but in linux box i am not able to do advice is appreciated uname -a Linux intranet 2.4.20-pre3 #1 Tue May 6 17:55:35 IST 2008 i686 unknown $ find /usr/local/ -type f | xargs perl -pi -e 's/172.16.1.14/172.16.1.27/g' Can't remove /usr/local/bin/dbhome:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help replace character command

hi i have log : i want remove some char become like this: anybody can help me ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global replace command help

Hello - I am trying to use a global replace command but its not working. Here is the cmd I am using in vi: :%s/OLD/NEW/g However, in my "NEW" I already have a "/" which is not making the replace work: :%s/mytestscript.com:33232/mytestscript:70245/test.com/g the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace command

Hi. I need to append/prefix an & character to every 'single' & character (not when there are 2 or more grouped together) I find in a file. I can do it using this cmd: cat ${file} | sed -e 's/&/&&/g' > ${new_file} How can I modify this to ensure I only replace single &'s and not operate... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command to replace particular value.

Hi , My input file contain : list = 3 14 15 10 9 11 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 6 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 16 17 27 28 30 29 Expected output : list = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 18 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 3 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 I want to keep the 8,10,16,17,22 value from the list and put 0 on rest of the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
9 Replies
SEQ(1)									FSF								    SEQ(1)

NAME
seq - print a sequence of numbers SYNOPSIS
seq [OPTION]... LAST seq [OPTION]... FIRST LAST seq [OPTION]... FIRST INCREMENT LAST DESCRIPTION
Print numbers from FIRST to LAST, in steps of INCREMENT. -f, --format=FORMAT use printf style floating-point FORMAT (default: %g) -s, --separator=STRING use STRING to separate numbers (default: ) -w, --equal-width equalize width by padding with leading zeroes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If FIRST or INCREMENT is omitted, it defaults to 1. FIRST, INCREMENT, and LAST are interpreted as floating point values. INCREMENT should be positive if FIRST is smaller than LAST, and negative otherwise. When given, the FORMAT argument must contain exactly one of the printf- style, floating point output formats %e, %f, %g AUTHOR
Written by Ulrich Drepper. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for seq is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and seq programs are properly installed at your site, the command info seq should give you access to the complete manual. seq (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 SEQ(1)