Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display date in mm/dd/yy format in sed command Post 302775309 by megha2525 on Monday 4th of March 2013 02:47:05 PM
Old 03-04-2013
Thank you everyone for the prompt reply.
I changed the delimiter in the sed command to # and it worked.
Thanks again
Megha.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to display date in dd/mm/yyyy format

Hi I have a sed command sed -e "s/sub_date/=$(date +"%d/%m/%Y")/" sub_create_tmp I want to substitute with the current date in dd/mm/yyyy format . But the result is an error " cannot parse " . Pls help . sars (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command format display

Hi I have 3 files $ ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 osbadmin osbadmin 427701 Apr 22 12:06 SANITY_TEST -rw-r--r-- 1 osbadmin osbadmin 427701 Apr 22 12:06 Success 123333 -rw-r--r-- 1 osbadmin osbadmin 427701 Apr 22 12:06 Success 123333 (1) I need to see this "SANITY_TEST" "Success 123333" "Success... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Display Format

Hello People, How can I display the date in a continuous format along with the time as below : 20091001_154547 i.e yyyymmdd_hhmmss format. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushant172
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Date format of ll command

Hi, Unix: HP-UNIX. I have a requirement(part of my requirement) to get latest file modification date of all files(In a particular directory). Using ll comand i m able to find out the modification date but not in the required format My command and out put: echo trp_pb.sql `ll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyadash
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date format Display Help

I have tried various arguments to get the date display as "Mar 10". I have tried date +"%c" -------> Wed Mar 10 11:51:21 EST 2010 date +"%b%d%Y_%H%M%S" --------> Mar102010_115121 date +"%b%d" -------> Mar10 date +"%t%b%e" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moveaix
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of SED command to change a date

I have a website. I have a directory within it with over a hundred .html files. I need to change a date within every file. I don't have an easy way to find/replace. I need to change 10/31 to 11/30 on every single page at once. I tried the command below but it didn't work. Obviously I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Change the display format for ls -l command in AIX

Hi, I am using AIX 5.3. In my server if I list the file , I got the below result in below format. ********************************************* -rw-rw--w- 1 letapp1 staff 0 Jun 8 02:53 CC00030710.cntrl ********************************************* But now I am seeing... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: puni
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace slash in date format only

Hello experts. I haven't been able to find a solution for this using the sed command. I only want to replace the forward slash with string "FW_SLASH" only if there's a number right after the slash while preserving the original number. I have a file containing 2 entries: Original File:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command format

Hi, I need to convert a date format "August 12, 2013 9:40:00 PM CDT" in to DD/MM formant For example ..I am using ... date -d "January10, 2013 04:05:00 AM CST" +%m/%d which gives me... 01/10 However, when i'am using it against every month it is throwing errors on some months as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk command to convert number occurances into date format and club a set of lines

Hi, I have been stuck in this requirement where my file contains the below format. 20150812170500846959990854-25383-8.0.0 "ABC Report" hp96880 "4952" 20150812170501846959990854-25383-8.0.0 End of run 20150812060132846959990854-20495-8.0.0 "XYZ Report" vg76452 "1006962188"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinmaya Kabi
6 Replies
SNMPTEST(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPTEST(1)

NAME
snmptest - communicates with a network entity using SNMP requests SYNOPSIS
snmptest [COMMON OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
snmptest is a flexible SNMP application that can monitor and manage information on a network entity. After invoking the program, a command line interpreter proceeds to accept commands. It will prompt with: Variable: At this point you can enter one or more variable names, one per line. A blank line is a command to send a request for each of the vari- ables (in a single packet) to the remote entity. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). For example: snmptest -c public -v 1 zeus Variable: system.sysDescr.0 Variable: will return some information about the request and reply packets, as well as the information: requestid 0x5992478A errstat 0x0 errindex 0x0 system.sysDescr.0 = STRING: "Unix 4.3BSD" Upon startup, the program defaults to sending a GET request packet. This can be changed to a GETNEXT request or a SET request by typing the commands "$N" or "$S" respectively. Typing "$G" will go back to the GET request mode. The command "$D" will toggle the dumping of each sent and received packet. The command "$QP" will toggle a quicker, less verbose output form. When in the "SET request" mode, more information is requested by the prompt for each variable. The prompt: Type [i|s|x|d|n|o|t|a]: requests the type of the variable be entered. Type "i" for an integer, "s" for an octet string in ASCII, "x" for an octet string as hex bytes separated by whitespace, "d" for an octet string as decimal bytes separated by whitespace, , "a" for an ip address in dotted IP nota- tion, and "o" for an object identifier. At this point a value will be prompted for: Value: If this is an integer value, just type the integer (in decimal). If it is a decimal string, type in white-space separated decimal numbers, one per byte of the string. Again type a blank line at the prompt for the variable name to send the packet. At the variable name line, typing "$Q" will quit the program. OPTIONS
snmptest takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpget(1), snmpset(1), variables(5) 4th Berkeley Distribution 08 Feb 2002 SNMPTEST(1)