Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [solved] awk: placement of user-defined functions Post 302774147 by user8 on Friday 1st of March 2013 09:39:47 AM
Old 03-01-2013
The usual approach is to put them either BEFORE the BEGIN rule, or AFTER the END rule. Performance-wise, it doesn't matter. You might want to have a look at User-defined - The GNU Awk User's Guide
This User Gave Thanks to user8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

User defined signal 1

Hi, I am just running a incremental back-up on one of my server. But these days It abrubtly fails with below error. ========== User defined signal 1 =========== When I rerun the back-up, It completed successfully.Earlier this was not happening. Any Idea, what could be the problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitesh_raj
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf for user defined variables

I am working on a SunFire 480 - uname -a gives: SunOS bsmdb02 5.9 Generic_112233-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R I am tyring to sum up the total size of all the directories for each running database using awk: #!/usr/bin/ksh for Database in `ps -efl | grep "ora_pmon" | grep -v grep |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return an array of strings from user defined function in awk

Hello Friends, Is it possible to return an array from a user defined function in awk ? example: gawk ' BEGIN{} { catch_line = my_function(i) print catch_line print catch_line print catch_line } function my_function(i) { print "echo" line= "awk" line= "gawk"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

user-defined functions, "$@", $jobs and $ps wwaxu

Imagine a user-defined function. func() { /usr/pkg/bin/program long-string-of-switches-and-configs "$@" ;} I execute it once. Then background it. I execute another instance. Then bg it. func unique-user-input ^Z func unique-user-input ^Z First I view with ps ps wwaux ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Functions defined in header / cpp file behaves different

File: A.h class A { public: struct x X; int show() { x.member_variable ? 0: -1; } }; Now if A.cpp is complied which includes A.h (which is actually in a huge project space) we see that x.member_variable value is not as expected. But if remove the show() method and place... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User defined functions in awk

Hi; Is der ne to to use user defined functions for the values in awk find $1 -type f -ls | nawk '{{print "|"$3"|"$5"|"$6"|"$8"|"$9"|"$10"|"} for(i=11;i<=NF;i++){printf("%s",$i)}}' In above command i want to append some values returned by user functions on line. thnks; ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about awk - create a user-defined variable

Hi, guys, The content of file is below (from <UNIX® Shells by Example Fourth Edition>): My code is below: gawk -F'' ' { OFS = "****"; $3 = "(904)"; $8 = $5 + $6 + $7; print } ' lab3.data The result is below: So, where is the $1? Why is the variable $8 located at the wired position? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Variable defined in .bashrc not intializing in script

I have the variable defined in .bashrc BIN_DIR="/usr/local/dw" and in my shell script i am using below. #!/bin/bash echo "Bin Dir: ${BIN_DIR}" . "${BIN_DIR}"/dwh_Loadfuncs.sh Output: Bin Dir: /usr/local/dw/dwh_LoadXMLFileIntoStage.sh: line 7: /dwh_Loadfuncs.sh: No such file or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mkdir fails when defined and called with functions.

In the below script i found that the alias mkdir_s is getting invoked from function configure() i.e the alias is kicking in. #!/bin/bash -e shopt -s expand_aliases alias mkdir=mkdir_s mkdir_s(){ if ]; then return else /usr/bin/mkdir "$1" return fi } configure() { mkdir -p... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Call user defined function from awk

My requirement is to call function ("fun1") from awk, and print its returned value along with $0. fun1() { t=$1 printf "%02d\n", $t % 60; } echo "Hi There 23" | awk '{print $0; system(fun1 $3)}' Any suggestions what to be modified in above code to achieve requirement.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
5 Replies
gnutls_privkey_import_url(3)					      gnutls					      gnutls_privkey_import_url(3)

NAME
gnutls_privkey_import_url - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/abstract.h> int gnutls_privkey_import_url(gnutls_privkey_t key, const char * url, unsigned int flags); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_privkey_t key A key of type gnutls_privkey_t const char * url A PKCS 11 url unsigned int flags should be zero DESCRIPTION
This function will import a PKCS11 or TPM URL as a private key. The supported URL types can be checked using gnutls_url_is_supported(). RETURNS
On success, GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS (0) is returned, otherwise a negative error value. SINCE
3.1.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_privkey_import_url(3)