Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat File is missing after logrotate!! Post 302774097 by fpmurphy on Friday 1st of March 2013 07:22:30 AM
Old 03-01-2013
Read the logrotate manpage. What you are seeing is the expected behavior using the debug option.
Quote:
-d

Turns on debug mode and implies -v. In debug mode, no changes will be made to the logs or to the logrotate state file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate with /etc/logrotate.conf file

Hi there, I want to rotate the logfiles which are located in /var/log/jboss/tomcat* so I have created a file named as 'tomat' in /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat with the following content. # cat /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat /var/log/jboss/tomcat_access_log*.log { daily nocreate ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

logrotate irrespective of the size of a file/directory

hi, How to logrotate irrespective of the size of a file/directory...? Please help me in this regard... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedeepthi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give the zip file name in logrotate?

Hi, How to give file name for the zip file while compressing in logrotate... Should we need to give it in the logrotate.conf file or in the spec file...? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedeepthi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain this logrotate file

Very silly question .. I deleted it .. Please delete this thread too . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotate - I am not able to rotate files using logrotate

I have written script which is working in Home directory perfectly and also compressing log files and rotating correctly. But, when i try to run script for /var/log/ i am able to get compressed log files but not able to get rotation of compressed log files. Please suggest. I am using below command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Logrotate to delete file which has date stamp

Hello, can someone please suggest how to create an logrotate for this scenario. Need to delete all log file which are created more than 30 days ago, and all the log file have date stamp on it. I dont want to create a cron job for this task. here is the example -rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat tomcat ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

7. AIX

Logrotate - /etc/logrotate.conf does't exist

Hi Admins. I have installed logrotate rpm on Aix 6.1. After the installation of rpm, I don't find /etc/logrotate.conf file and /etc/logrotate.d dir . The config file is located in /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf. When I ran logrotate -v /opt/freeware/etc/logrotate.conf I get below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to logrotate a file after X days with logadm?

Hi Guys - We have the /var/adm/pacct file currently configured to log rotate using logadm - here is the entry in logadm.conf: /var/adm/pacct -C 0 -N -P 'Wed Oct 23 08:00:00 2013' -a '/usr/lib/acct/accton pacct' -g adm -m 664 -o adm -p never Just want to ask if it would like possible to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akaterasu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Logrotate exclude log file

Hi all ! I've an issue to exclude a log file from logrotate, I tried this below: /var/log/apache2/*.log { olddir /var/log/apache2/old missingok rotate 50 compress copytruncate notifempty create 644 root root } I tried also:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Logrotate 0 byte file

Hello, For various reasons I decided to rebuild my log server on a new microSD. To simplify matters I restored a backed up copy of the appropriate config files and uploaded them to the new log server once syslog-ng was setup. The issue I am running into now is when logrotate compresses the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyUserName7000
3 Replies
ngircd(8)							   ngIRCd Manual							 ngircd(8)

NAME
ngIRCd - the next generation IRC daemon SYNOPSIS
ngircd [ Options ] DESCRIPTION
ngIRCd is a free open source daemon for the Internet Relay Chat (IRC), developed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It's written from scratch and is not based upon the original IRCd like many others. It is easy to configure, supports server links (even with original ircd's) and runs on hosts with changing IP addresses (such as dial-in networks). Currently supported platforms include AIX, A/UX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, Mac OS X, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, and Windows with Cygwin. As ngIRCd relies on UNIX standards and uses GNU automake and GNU autoconf there are good chances that it also supports other UNIX-based operating systems as well. By default, ngIRCd writes diagnostic and informational messages using the syslog mechanism. OPTIONS
The default behavior of ngircd is to read its standard configuration file (see below), to detach from the controlling terminal and to wait for clients. You can use these options to modify this default: -f file, --config file Use file as configuration file. -n, --nodaemon Don't fork a child and don't detach from controlling terminal. All log messages go to the console and you can use CTRL-C to termi- nate the server. -p, --passive Disable automatic connections to other servers. You can use the IRC command CONNECT later on as IRC Operator to link this ngIRCd to other servers. -t, --configtest Read, validate and display the configuration; then exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display a brief help text and exit. FILES
/etc/ngircd/ngircd.conf The system wide default configuration file. /etc/ngircd/ngircd.motd Default "message of the day" (MOTD). SIGNALS
The daemon understands the following signals: TERM Shut down all connections and terminate the daemon. HUP Shut down all listening sockets, re-read the configuration file and re-initialize the daemon. HINTS
It's wise to use "ngircd --configtest" to validate the configuration file after changing it. DEBUGGING
When ngIRCd is compiled with debug code, that is, its source code has been ./configure'd with "--enable-debug" and/or "--enable-sniffer" (witch enables debug mode automatically as well), you can use two more command line options and two more signals to debug problems with the daemon itself or IRC clients: Options: -d, --debug Enable debug mode and log extra messages. -s, --sniffer Enable IRC protocol sniffer, which logs all sent and received IRC commands to the console/syslog. This option requires that ngIRCd has been ./configure'd with "--enable-sniffer" and enables debug mode automatically, too. Signals: USR1 Toggle debug mode on and off during runtime. USR2 Dump internal server state to the console/syslog when debug mode is on (use command line option --debug or signal USR1). AUTHORS
Alexander Barton, <alex@barton.de> Florian Westphal, <fw@strlen.de> Homepage: http://ngircd.barton.de/ SEE ALSO
ngircd.conf(5), ircd(8) ngircd Mar 2012 ngircd(8)