Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard Post 302773779 by crunchgargoyle on Thursday 28th of February 2013 04:34:20 PM
Old 02-28-2013
It's all just a bit too finicky. I'm managing; it's only temporary anyway as I'm not in the US for more than another month or so.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Keyboard layout

Hi, How do i go about changing the keyboard layout to the UK layout. currently the @ symbol on the keyboard appears as a " sybol on the monitor. Many Thanks in advance Kam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnura
1 Replies

3. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

After Solaris 10 installation I was unable to change keyboard using known commands kbd -s and eeprom keyboard layoit. Also modifinig /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc did not helped. And is possible to replace Solaris keymap with ubuntu keymap because my keyboard work perfectly under Ubuntu and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

Hi to everyone Once again I tried to modify my keyboard , because I am crazy keyborad can not be changed using kbd-s eeprom also I tried to modify /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc but I tried opensolaris and my keyboard works perfectly So my question is Can I transfer settings from... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

6. Hardware

Keyboard layout based on scancodes?

I would like to make a new keyboard layout that moves the modifier keys around. The problem is that this needs to be an xkb layout, because I still need to be able to switch to the Qwerty layout and the layout of my native language. Is there a way to write an xkb layout that works on the keycodes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
2 Replies
cal(1)								   User Commands							    cal(1)

NAME
cal - display a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [ [month] year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility writes a Gregorian calendar to standard output. If the year operand is specified, a calendar for that year is written. If no operands are specified, a calendar for the current month is written. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: month Specify the month to be displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 (January) to 12 (December). The default is the current month. year Specify the year for which the calendar is displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 to 9999. The default is the current year. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cal: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. TZ Determine the timezone used to calculate the value of the current month. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
calendar(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) NOTES
An unusual calendar is printed for September 1752. That is the month 11 days were skipped to make up for lack of leap year adjustments. To see this calendar, type: cal 9 1752 The command cal 83 refers to the year 83, not 1983. The year is always considered to start in January. SunOS 5.11 1 Feb 1995 cal(1)