Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increase two numeric variables incrementally together Post 302773755 by hubleo on Thursday 28th of February 2013 04:02:07 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Hi, thanks that's also a great idea. There are instances where I could simply add on 6000, but others where I can't, so both yours and bipinajith's solutions should cover what I need. Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do you to add numbers incrementally?

I've refined the filesystem size using awk and directed to a file name. eg, here's the content in a file called "numbers" $cat numbers 345 543 23423456 44435 546 . . how do you write a script to all these numbers to get the total? thanks a lot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating variables (numeric)

Hi I need to get a user to enter a number (an exchange rate) into a script. I have the following: #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter exchange rate:" read EX_RATE if \"`" ] then echo "Well done - only numeric here" else echo "Not so well done - there is NON numeric stuff here!" fi This works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjd1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All, Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to incrementally backup data & use most recent data

Hey, dunno if the title really explains this well; basically my problem is (and this is on a router which is why the flash issue)... I have some data I want to store (it's really irelevant, i'm just counting the lines per file, basically a simple counter). I could store this data in flash but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepsi_max2k
0 Replies

5. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace random numeric value with non-numeric value

Can someone tell me how to change the first column in a very large 17k line file from a random 10 digit numeric value to a non numeric value. The format of lines in the file is: 1702938475,SNU022,201004 the first 10 numbers always begin with 170 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bahf1s
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command rsync sending files incrementally

Please, i have a question about rsync command: Here is the command that i have used in my script: rsync -ratlz --rsh="/usr/bin/sshpass ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" -aAXHltzh --progress --numeric-ids --devices --rsync-path="rsync" $1 $hostname:$1 using this command, i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file incrementally

Dear all, I would like to split a file incrementally. My file looks like: $path { $name "path_sparc_ifu_dec_1" ; $transition { "dtu_inst_d" v ; // (in) "U622/Y" ^ ; // (INVX16_LVT) "U870/Y" ^ ; // (AND2X1_LVT) "U873/Y" v ; // (INVX1_LVT) "U872/Y" ^ ; // (NAND3X0_LVT)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files incrementally and search for particular string.

Example I have following requirements where i need to search for particular string from the log files.Files will be archived with number attached end to it and creates a new log file. First Day i will ran at 8:00 AM Filename:a.log1 Wed Aug 24 04:46:34... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nareshnani211
1 Replies
INN::Config(3pm)					    InterNetNews Documentation						  INN::Config(3pm)

NAME
Config.pm - Export all the variables an INN Perl script might need DESCRIPTION
This Perl module sets up any and all the variables that an INN Perl script might need. More particularly, it allows to use inn.conf variables: they are all provided by innconfval, as well as the version of INN (in the variable $INN::Config::version). Other useful variables are also provided (directories, files, programs, masks, parameters) and you should have a look at the source code of the module to see what you can use in your Perl scripts. You only have to declare the module at the beginning of them: use lib '<pathnews>/lib/perl'; use INN::Config; Then, you can for instance use: print $INN::Config::localmaxartsize; to print the value of localmaxartsize as it is set in inn.conf. You can also specify a version when you import the module. If you write: use INN::Config 2.5.0; only versions of INN superior to 2.5.0 will be able to run the Perl script. It is also possible to import the variables directly in your namespace if you specify what you want to import: use INN::Config qw($localmaxartsize $pathbin); Note that a legacy innshellvars.pl is also provided in pathnews/lib for compatibility reasons with old Perl scripts not shipped with INN. It was used by versions of INN anterior to 2.5.0. The corresponding scripts for Shell and Tcl are, however, still in use: innshellvars and innshellvars.tcl. They offer the same capabilities as this module. HISTORY
innshellvars.pl was written by James Brister <brister@vix.com> for InterNetNews in 1996. It was converted to the INN::Config Perl module by Julien Elie in 2007. $Id: Config.pm.in 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
inn.conf(5), innconfval(1), perl(1). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 INN::Config(3pm)