Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl list file
Top Forums Programming Perl list file Post 302773351 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 06:03:27 PM
Old 02-27-2013
Explicitly: what exact file names do you want to exclude?

Generally: you can use a regex to filter in the good ones or filter out the bad ones.
(this answer is not much help because there are no details in your question)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of all PERL scripts.

Which command should I use to get the list of all the .pl scripts on the unix server... Thanks in advacne, Venky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkyA
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl qw list to text file list?

Does anyone have a good example? I am having trouble looping.. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of directories with a particular name using perl

Hi experts, Sorry if it is repeated query. I have folder that contains many files & folders. But I need to get the list of folders with the following format "1.0.0.0.003X", 1.0.0.0.004X..and so on. How do I get the same using perl? I have this script which will do the listing. $dir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all file that match user input perl

Hi, I want to list all file that match user input ( specified shell wildcard) but when I compile it dont list me #!/usr/bin/perl -w print "Enter Advance Search Function: "; chomp ($func = <STDIN>); my @files = glob("$func"); foreach my $file (@files) { print "$file\n";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sorting a hash value that is a list.

Hi Folks I am very much a newbie at perl but picking it up and I'm hoping you can help. I have a file input that details all the /etc/group files in our enterprise in the following format: "<host>:<group>:<gid>:<users>" I want to parse this data display it as the following:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_string
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Directory List Help

I am currently trying to find all files with extensions .gif .jpg .png .wav and .au in a current directory and count them. I am trying to count them based on there extension only. #!/usr/bin/perl $gif =`ls *.gif | uniq -cf 1`; $jpg =`ls *.jpg | uniq -cf 1`; $png =`ls *.png | uniq -cf 1`;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Temphas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl to grep a list of patterns from an input file

I have been struggling to grep a file of NGrams (basically clusters of consonants or Consonant and Vowel) acting as a pattern file from an Input file which contains a long list of words, one word per line. The script would do two things: Firstly read a text pattern from a large file of such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

10. Programming

Perl list of users

Hi All i need to write something in perl that on a mac list all the users accounts, and then carries out a copy, ( rsync ) on each one it finds. i was going to use glob, but i want to exclude a certain result here is what i have use Getopt::Std; use POSIX qw(tmpnam); use lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies
FAIL2BAN-REGEX(1)						   User Commands						 FAIL2BAN-REGEX(1)

NAME
fail2ban-regex - test Fail2ban "failregex" option SYNOPSIS
fail2ban-regex [OPTIONS] <LOG> <REGEX> [IGNOREREGEX] DESCRIPTION
Fail2Ban v0.8.2 reads log file that contains password failure report and bans the corresponding IP addresses using firewall rules. This tools can test regular expressions for "fail2ban". OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help message -V, --version print the version LOG
string a string representing a log line filename path to a log file (/var/log/auth.log) REGEX
string a string representing a 'failregex' filename path to a filter file (filter.d/sshd.conf) IgnoreRegex: string a string representing an 'ignoreregex' filename path to a filter file (filter.d/sshd.conf) AUTHOR
Written by Cyril Jaquier <cyril.jaquier@fail2ban.org>. Many contributions by Yaroslav O. Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <cyril.jaquier@fail2ban.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2008 Cyril Jaquier Copyright of modifications held by their respective authors. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL). SEE ALSO
fail2ban-client(1) fail2ban-server(1) fail2ban-regex v0.8.2 March 2008 FAIL2BAN-REGEX(1)