Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : not getting the exact output Post 302773043 by panyam on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 08:06:58 AM
Old 02-27-2013
to "chomp" the new line character (which is the last character appended to the user input ).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl exact match

How to emulate grep -o option in perl. I mean to print not all line, only the exact match. echo "2A2 BB" | perl -ne 'print if /2A2/' 2A2 BB I want to print only 2A2. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact match in Perl

Hi By using select clause I'm trying to pull out the rows to a variable. If the variable has 0 row(s) selected then i'm printing some text message else printing some other text message if($xyz =~ m/0 row/) { print "0 rows "; } else { print " There are rows"; } By my problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdreddy34
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with an exact match using regex in perl!

Hello Guys, I am trying to make an exact match for an email address entered as an argument, using perl, however, it's not working if I put a "$" in the email address. See the below outputs, Correct Match : bash-2.03$ echo sandy@test.com | perl -wln -e 'print if /(^*\@test.com$)/i'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suffisandy
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Help required exact match

Hello, My requirement is to iterate over all the lines of a file and compare them with a word and perform some operations if exact match is found. For the snippet below, it works even if contents of line include "diff" and "diff:". I want it to work only if it is exactly "diff" and is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

QUESTION1: grep only exact string. QUESTION2: find and replace only exact value with sed

QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1 CAR2_KEY0 CAR2_KEY1 CAR1_KEY10 CURRENT COMMAND LINE: WHERE VARIABLE CAR_NUMBER=1 AND KEY_NUMBER=1 grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo exact xml tag from an exact file

Im stumped on this one. Id like to echo into a .txt file all names for an xml feed in a huge folder. Can that be done?? Id need to echo <name>This name</name> in client.xml files. $path="/mnt/windows/path" echo 'recording names' cd "$path" for names in $path than Im stuck on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : printing the files in the exact order as it is..

Hi folks, I am trying to open directory and then print the files in that directory in PERL. I have used the below code. opendir(DIR,$destination) or die ("Cannot open directory $destination"); my @bwfiles = readdir(DIR); print @bwfiles; I am able to retrieve all the files the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take exact word from output.?

Hi i am writing and i want to take very first word "A924A5FC"from the below o/p A924A5FC 0910055313 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED A924A5FC 0908091913 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE PROGRAM ABNORMALLY TERMINATED A924A5FC 0906090313 P S SYSPROC SOFTWARE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the exact process in perl script

I am working on one script where I need to grep the exact process in perl script. for e.g. when I run simple grep command on the linux machine it gives me two process mGateway_mvc_q01 and mGateway_mvc_q01_v7 which is not the correct result.I tried to use ( ps -eAf | grep ^mGateway_mvc_q01$) but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace exact word by perl

my inputfile: This is a test and only a test for production - prod. echo "This is a test and only a test for production - prod" | perl -pi -e 's/prod/test/g' outputfile: This is a test and only a test for testuction - test I only want to replace prod, not production. I also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loktamann
3 Replies
mconv_gets(3m17n)						 The m17n Library						 mconv_gets(3m17n)

NAME
mconv_gets - Read a line using a code converter. SYNOPSIS
MText* mconv_gets (MConverter * converter, MText * mt) DESCRIPTION
Read a line using a code converter. The mconv_gets() function reads one line from the buffer area or the stream that is currently bound to code converter converter. The decoder of converter is used for decoding. The decoded character sequence is appended at the end of M-text mt. The final newline character in the original byte sequence is not appended. The internal status of converter is updated appropriately. RETURN VALUE
If the operation was successful, mconv_gets() returns the modified mt. If it encounters EOF without reading a single character, it returns mt without changing it. If an error is detected, it returns NULL and assigns an error code to merror_code. ERRORS
MERROR_CODING SEE ALSO
mconv_getc(), mconv_ungetc(), mconv_putc() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mconv_gets(3m17n)