Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove new line in file after unzipping the file? Post 302772905 by panyam on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 04:09:43 AM
Old 02-27-2013
I suspect then the file content (I mean it may already present ) or your archive script.

try transferring the files in ASCII mode and see in FTP.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove header(first line) and trailer(last line) in ANY given file

Hi, I need some help in removing the header (first line) and the trailer (last line) in a give file... The data file actually comes in EBCDIC format and I converted it into ASCII.. Now I need to strip off the first line and the last line.. I think we can use sed to do something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove first line from a file and put into another file

I want to remove first line from a file containing 10K + records and want to put that into a new file. Tried sed '1d' filename>newfile This is writing all the records into new file. Can somebody help please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to remove 1st line of a file and save the file with same old name

Hi friends, I have a doubt, I am not sure whether it is possible ah nu. I am having a file(sample.txt) which contain 5 lines. I want to remove 1st line in the file and save the file with same old name (sample.txt). For removing 1st line i am using sed 1d filename But dono how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the Original size of the file without unzipping the File?

Hi, I don't have enough space on my Unix Box. So, I can't unzip the file and check the size of the file. So, I need to know, Is there any command, to check, how much the unzipped file takes after unzipping. Thanks in Advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the first line of a file without using any temporary file

I want remove first line of the file without using any temporary file. Everything should be done in the original file itself since I don't any file creation access whereas I have modify access. It would be great if somebody help in this regard ASAP . Thanks in Advance. Kishore:mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Only File Name in Zip File With out Unzipping It

How i print just only the file name in the zip file. unzip -l AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Archive: AAC_20130930_v13.xml.zip Length Date Time Name -------- ---- ---- ---- 62665745 11-19-13 10:43 AAC_20130930_v13.xml -------- ------- 62665745 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line from file and read file line by line

I have a file output.txt. File looks like this name1 10 name2 2 name3 5 I get a number n and I need to remove all lines which has number (after name) smaller or equal to n number. After that I need to write lines from file and my output must be like this: Output: 'name1 10' Output: 'name2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kubo12312
1 Replies
file-roller(1)							   User Commands						    file-roller(1)

NAME
file-roller - create, view, modify, or unpack an archive SYNOPSIS
file-roller [--add] [--add-to=archive] [--default-dir=folder] [--extract] [--extract-here] [--extract-to=folder] [--force] [gnome-std- options] DESCRIPTION
The File Roller application enables you to create, view, modify, or unpack an archive. An archive is a file that acts as a container for other files. An archive can contain many files, folders, and subfolders, usually in compressed form. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d, --add Ask for the name of the archive, then add the files, then quit the application. -a, --add-to=archive Add files to the specified archive, then quit the application. --default-dir=folder Specify the default folder for the --add and --extract options. -f, --extract Ask for the name of the destination folder, then extract the files, then quit the application. -h, --extract-here Extract archives using the archive name as destination folder and quit the program. -e, --extract-to=folder Extract archives to the specified folder, then quit the application. --force Create the destination folder without asking for confirmation. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking an Archive example% file-roller --extract archive EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/file-roller Executable for File Roller application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNW | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
File Roller Manual ar(1), tar(1), unzip(1), zip(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004, 2007. SunOS 5.11 08 Nov 2007 file-roller(1)