Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk with variable from sqlplus Post 302772799 by jonathanb30 on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 11:38:12 PM
Old 02-27-2013
Yes that worked perfectly. Thanks for your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable to SQLPLUS in a ksh script?

Hi, I am writing a ksh script which will use sqlplus to run a sql and pass 2 variables as the SQL request. In the ksh script, I have 2 variables which are $min_snap and $max_snap holding 2 different numbers. Inside the same script, I am using SQLPLUS to run an Oracle SQL script,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwunwla
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a variable in sqlplus

Hello, I'm trying to write a script that will loop a sql statement through an external list. Basically, the script enters a loop and runs the sql statement for each entry in the list file. Currently, the script will stop at a cursor where I can then manually enter the SQL statment. This is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadHatter
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing unix variable to sqlplus without a file name

Hi, I want to input unix variable to sqlplus.The following is working fine sqlplus username/password @dummy.sql param1 param2 << EOF create user $1 identified by $2; EOF But I dont want any file name to be passed,I just want to pass the parameter. Is there any way to that?? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the unix variable to sqlplus

Hi, I am writing a script which creates an external table using a shell script. My requirement is like this. Usage: . ./r.ksh <table_name> - this should create an external table. e.g . ./r.ksh abc - this should create an external table as abc_external. How do i achieve this? Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anaramkris
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

store sqlplus output in variable

hi how can i store sqlplus output to a variable in sh script (not bash) Thanks MM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sqlplus output to a shell variable

I am trying to import a sqlplus output into a shell variable but it doesnt seem to be working. set -x export DEPENDENT_CR_NO=`sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF conn username/passwd set heading off select dependency from custom_patches where patch_name='PATCH.zip'; exit; EOF` echo $DEPENDENT_CR_NO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginer314
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scirpt to fetch the variable from sqlplus

Hi Gurus, I am stuck with the step where i need to fetch the location & sales from the below procedure by taking it from table field using the for loop. any idea how this can be done in unix. From one column both the location and sales are taken out. create or replace procedure newyork... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sqlplus variable UNIX

hi guys i have a sqlplus : sqlplus -s username/password << EOF @mysql.sql EOF in mysql.sql there is a count of a table, i want to write in a variabile unix. how can i do? Thanks a lot Regards Francesco. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a VARIABLE to sqlplus script

Hi Team, I am trying to run a sqlplus script against several databases via a FOR/LOOP and also passing the loop variable to a sqlplus script I am calling, as follows: #!/bin/bash export ORACLE_SID=plgc1 export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.2/db_1 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
1 Replies
syscallbypid.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS						syscallbypid.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbypid.d - syscalls by process ID. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbypid.d DESCRIPTION
This reports the number of each type of system call made by PID. This is useful to identify which process is causing the most system calls. This is based on a script from DExplorer. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbypid.d FIELDS
PID process ID CMD process name SYSCALL system call name COUNT number of system calls made in this sample DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbypid.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 Jun 28, 2005 syscallbypid.d(1m)