Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script execution issues Post 302772722 by panyam on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 02:37:36 PM
Old 02-26-2013
Try just giving execute permission to every one like this and try:

chmod +x file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of shell script

How can I execute another shell script from one? Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sequential execution in shell script?

I've a shell script that invokes a URL of an application to do some work, e.g., http://www.abc.com/myservlet?action=helloworld.Does the shell wait for a return value from the URL call before proceeding to the next line of command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chengwei
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with shell script execution

Hi All, i am running a shell script in which there is a command `ps -ef | grep smon > db` When i execute this command in the command prompt i am getting the desired output..but when the script is executed..the db file is getting created but with no values...I could not find the reason for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron execution of shell script

Hi Guys, Unable to run this script from the cron,although the same executes perfectly from the command line.Please help. #!/bin/sh #### aprintd alarm creation files ##### file=`date +%m%d%Y` pid=$$ echo "$pid" /u01/app/netboss/bin/aprintd/aprintd > $file & childpid=$!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish.sharma
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution of aliases from shell script

Hi I have to execute the commands in .aliases file from a shell script I tried 1.giving the alias directly in shell script 2.Giving the actually "value of alias" in the shell script 3. I tried giving both steps 1 and 2 inside ` quotes Still nothing is working . It says command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script execution methods

Hi, Shell script can be executed in few ways. I would like to know the differences in the below execution methods. sh file1.sh . file1.sh . /file1.sh Please help, thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script execution in ab initio

Hi All, How to execute shell script for running Ab initio graphs? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script over ssh execution issues.

If I execute below code I am able to get string from column8 and column10 about a process. serverA1$> ps -ef | grep rotate | grep 'config' | awk '{print $8" "$10}' /<Oracle_home>/ohs/bin/odl_rotatelogs -h:/<app_Home>/config/OHS/ohs1/component_events.xml_ohs1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					CPANPLUS::Shell(3)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.16.3 2013-05-20 CPANPLUS::Shell(3)