Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "Command not found" doing a while loop in bash/shell Post 302772441 by phpchick on Monday 25th of February 2013 03:16:08 PM
Old 02-25-2013
"Command not found" doing a while loop in bash/shell

Code:
i=0
numberofproducts=${#urls[@]}  #gets number of entries in array called "urls"
numberofproductsminusone=`expr $numberofproducts - 1`   #-subtract by one

while [$i -lt $numberofproducts]
do
	wget ${urls[$i]}
	 i=$(( $i + 1 ))
	sleep 10
done

I'm getting an error

./scrape: line 22: [0: command not found

that line corresponds with the "while" line.

Could anyone help me with this ? I googled but none of the examples I found were relevant to this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"-bash: sqlldr: command not found"

hi all, here i am trying to run one control file. but getting "-bash: sqlldr: command not found" error :confused: the code is given below. sqlldr $db_username/$db_password@$db_sid control=$loading_path/load_to_table.ctl log=loading.log can anybody help me in fixing the issue? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to distinguish between "command not found" and "command with no result"

system() call imeplemented in solaris is such a way that: Command not found - return code 1 Command executed successfully without Output - return code 1 how to distinguish between these two based on return code in a c - file? Can you help on this ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iitmadhu
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

What's happens with my thread about "-bash: ELF: command not found "?

Hi, Today, I've submitted a new tread in "Shell Programming and Scripting" forum, with title "-bash: ELF: command not found ". However, this thread has disappear. Can somebody give me an explanation? Regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonia_
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH: Interactive "cp" (and "mv") in a loop

Hi. I have a copy-file script (and a move-file script) that I recently tried to make interactive. I tested the former on three files from a text list, and watched to see what would happen. As the cp command was in a while/do/done loop, there was no pause for input: it wrote the file from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script giving "Command Not found"

Hello Geeks, Greetings...I have the following script: #!/usr/bin/bash #Script to generate number of active PDP context & calculate PDP activation #failurefrom EPG-M #Script written by Gbenga Adigun #September 12, 2013 username="xxxxxx" password="xxxxxxxxx" HOSTS=( ggsn01... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Query on using command "sed" for replacing text in bash shell

Re: Query on using command "SED" for replacing text in bash shell While using the command "sed" for find and replace, I wanted to know how one could find a constant and replace it with a variable inside the quotation syntax of sed? I wanted to replace constant 3 with variable name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: achandra81
3 Replies
URLS.TXT(5)							File Formats Manual						       URLS.TXT(5)

NAME
urls.txt - URL database for regression testing INTRODUCTION
The urls.txt file is installed by default in /etc/siege/urls.txt. When siege is invoked without a command line reference to a URL, then by default it looks for urls in that file. The advantage of using the urls.txt file is two-fold: One, it frees you free retyping a url with every invocation. And two, it allows you to conduct full site regression testing. When the urls.txt file is used, siege reads all the urls in that file into memory and runs through the list in one of two ways, sequen- tially or randomly. The default run is sequential from start to finish and back again until the --reps or the --time option has been satis- fied. With the -i/--internet option selected, siege runs through the file randomly simulating the stress applied by a community of inter- net users. The -f/--file option allows you to select a file other then the default urls.txt file. You may also instruct siege to use a different file with the "file" directive in .siegerc, i.e., "file = /usr/local/etc/urls.txt" You may set and reference variables inside the urls.txt file. All variables must be declared BEFORE they are referenced. Variables are declared with the "=" operator, VARIABLE = VALUE. They are then referenced inside $() or ${}, example: $(HOST), ${HOST} HOST=joey.joedog.org http://${HOST}/browse.jsp?size=5 http://${HOST}/admin.jsp?name=ralph EXAMPLE FILE
This is an exmple urls.txt file. Lines beginning with a hash (#) are comments and ignored by siege. # # Example urls.txt file # URLs database for siege # http://www.haha.com/index.html http://www.haha.com/howto/index.html http://www.haha.com/cgi-bin/howto/display.cgi?1013 www.haha.com/cgi-bin/fm.cgi?first=j.&last=fulmer https://www.haha.com/index.shtml https://www.whoohoo.com/my_whoohoo.jsp # POST data requires a POST directive www.haha.com/cgi-bin/foo.cgi POST first=bart&last=simpson www.haha.com/hoho.jsp POST name=jeff&pass=secret # POST the contents of a file using the # line input character "<" http://www.haha.com/my.jsp POST </home/jeff/data.txt AUTHOR
Jeffrey Fulmer <jeff@joedog.org>, et al. BUGS
Report bugs to jeff@joedog.org. Give a detailed description of the problem and report the version of siege that you are using. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Jeffrey Fulmer, et al. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AVAILABILITY
The most recent released version of siege is available by anonymous FTP from ftp.joedog.org in the directory pub/siege. SEE ALSO
siege(1) siege.config(1) layingsiege(7) Siege v2.70 April-17-2012 URLS.TXT(5)