Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Korn shell script required
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn shell script required Post 302772361 by Juhi Kashyap on Monday 25th of February 2013 07:56:42 AM
Old 02-25-2013
kornshell using awk will be fine
i have tried

---------- Post updated at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:54 AM ----------

Code:
#!/bin/sh
i=1
cat file1 | while read line
do
str1=`echo $line | cut -c5-10 `
if [ -z "$str1" ]
then
echo "Line No. $i -- No String in position 5-10 "
else
echo "Line No. $i -- String in position 5-10 : $str1"
fi
i=`expr $i + 1`
done

~
~

---------- Post updated at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ----------

but this does not work correctly if the file is like the format I have mentioned above

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-25-2013 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hello., i have 2 files.. 1 file is in this folder /home/test/ssk/DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20050710.20050713211544 (this part) other file is in this folder /home/kk/dev/DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20050710.20050711210100 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hi all i am writing the korn shell script. i have a SQL script which gives me the folowing output DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 28991 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 25881 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20051025.20050711210100 25881 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
3 Replies

3. AIX

Help with Korn Shell script

I have this Korn shell script that runs via a cron entry. It runs in a loop "watching" a specific file system for files with a certain name. The file system that it is watching is an upload file system for an FTP server. When files that are the correct name come in, it takes the extension of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heprox
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script help required during execution...

Hi, The following Korne Shell script does not give any syntax errors but the following while running. Request you to please let me know, how can I define the variables viz.:- listDbs and getkey here, inorder to remove the error. 1) $ ksh -n setAlias $ 2) $ ksh -x setAlias +... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Wrapper script

Hi Guys, I am trying write a wrapper script but I don't have any idea. I have 4 different korn shell scripts and all of them needs some parameters from command line (positional parameter). My script cant be interactive because its supposed to be automated. I am confused how can I write a wrapper... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script

I have to solve some exercises in Korn Shell, but i'm having some problems. For example: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Korn Shell Script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. 2. Relevant commands, code,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

8. AIX

weird korn shell script

here is the one of the scripts: script1.kshfunction haha { print "calling haha" exit } script2.ksh. script1.ksh haha | tee -a /dev/null print "i am script 2" after launching the script2, the result: --------------------------------------------- calling haha i am script 2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: getter
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent help with korn shell script

Hi All, Need urgent help with korn shell script, which monitors AIX WPARs Status. Basically WPARs run on a LPAR, So there is a Command "lswpar" which displays WPARs status. This script should be checking the WPARs Status and email support if WPAR is down or broken. General lswpar output is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
3 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux