Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Remove comma as last character in end of last line of file? Post 302772304 by kg_gaurav on Monday 25th of February 2013 04:09:27 AM
Old 02-25-2013
tr ,

I have given2 space after comma

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting end of line $ character in file

Hi, I've got a file where in the middle of the record is a $ end of line character, visible only when I open the file in vi and do :set list. How to I get rid of the character in the middle and keep it at the end. The middle $ character always appears after SW, so that can be used to tag it.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwrynz1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove comma from the last line of the file

Hi, I have a file which has records which end with a comma. for example: My file looks like 1234, 5678, 3455, 3566, 4444, 9999, I need to remove comma for the last line in the file so that my file should look like: 1234, 5678, 3455, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add character to every end-of line in file

Hi All I have a file which conatins record.the length of every records is 47. problem : in the end of record i don't have a "\015" character. i want to add this "\015" charcter in the end of every record. the file contains something like 700 records. i've tried with sed command - nothing. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Remove comma at the end of the string

Hi i had String like UID: ABC345QWE678GFK345SA90, LENGTH 32 when I used awk ' FS, {print $1}' prints ABC345QWE678GFK345SA90, how can i getrid of that coma at the end of the string. Thanks in advance.. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
14 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comma and next rows beginning from the end

Hello friends, I have a file which consists of many rows, I use a couple of commands to convert it so i can use in a database query for filtering. I need the first columns (msisdns) in a row, seperated with commas, 9855162267,4,5,2010-11-03 17:02:07.627 9594567938f,5,5,2010-11-02... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl cmd to remove the control-Z character at end of 10GB file

In a 10-50GB file , at end of file there is Control-z character tried the below options, 1. perl -p -i -e 's/^Z//g' new.txt 2. perl -0777lwi -032e0 new.txt and Sed command, dos2unix etc it takes more time to remove the control-z. need a command or perl program to GO TO LAST LINE OF FILE ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove new line character at end of file.

I need to remove new line character from end of file. Suppose here are content. a|b|c|d|r a|b|c|d|r a|b|c|d|r <new line> that means file contains 4 lines but data is there in 3 lines. so I want that only 3 lines should be there in file. Please help (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun940
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove First Char from Line in File Only if it's a comma

I have a file, I need to remove the first character of each line, but only if it's a comma. I don't want to delete any other commas in each line. Trying cat or sed but I really don't know them very well, would love some help. This removes the first comma, but it removes the first comma no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cynthia
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we remove comma from end of each line ?

Hi, How can we remove the comma from the end of each line. I have a csv file in below format. file.csv Name,age,gender,location, Joel,18,M,Newyork, Monoj,21,M,Japan, Litu,23,M,turki, Expected o/p file1.csv Name,age,gender,location (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
4 Replies
lgroupmod(1)						      General Commands Manual						      lgroupmod(1)

NAME
lgroupmod - Modify an user group SYNOPSIS
lgroupmod [OPTION]... group DESCRIPTION
Modifies the user group with name group. OPTIONS
-A, --admin-add=list Add users in comma-separated list among group's administrators. -a, --admin-remove=list Remove users in comma-separated list from group's administrators. Removing users that are not currently among group's administra- tors silently succeeds. -g, --gid=gid Change group's group ID to gid. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -L, --lock Lock group. This prevents users from using the group password with newgrp(1) to become a member of group. -M, --member-add=list Add users in comma-separated list among group's members. -m, --member-remove=list Remove users in comma-separated list from group's members. Removing users that are not currently among group's members silently succeeds. -n, --name=name Rename group to name. -P, --plainpassword=password Set group's password to password. Note that the password can be viewed while running lgroupmod using tools such as ps(1). -p, --password=encrypted Set group's password to the password represented by the hash encrypted. Note that the hash can be viewed while running lgroupmod using tools such as ps(1). -U, --unlock Unlock group. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 11 2005 lgroupmod(1)