Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup Filesystem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup Filesystem Post 302771962 by vbe on Friday 22nd of February 2013 09:46:51 AM
Old 02-22-2013
Q1: Do you have a backup/restore utility?

Q2: Backup on what device?
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX Filesystem backup/restore?

:confused: Hi Guys, I'm not new to UNIX but I am new to HP-UX. I have a proven backup and restore procedue using cpio on Solaris, however, the filesystem structure appears to be different on HP. Can anybody help me with the following questions? 1) What is the best method for performing a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

actual filesystem size during backup

Scenario............ ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n / root has 10GB available but only 5GB are used. Does the backup record the entire 10GB regardless of whats actually used or just the 5GB being used? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup of filesystem

Dear Gurus and friends I am RHCE certified but new to solaris 10, am using intel 945gcl motherboard in a intel P4 pc with 1 gb of memory. my onboard NIC card is not detected (Intelpro 100 ve ), i checked in /etc/driver_alisases it is in the file showing iprb0 dladm show-link # nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niru
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup of filesystem

we are doing daily backup of some filesystem of our servers. If in any case we cannot perform backup,what would be the probable reason? Say the IP is reachable? any thing that we need to take a look at on the server side? server -----to backup server---- thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

6. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

7. SuSE

SuSE 11.4 Filesystem Backup and Restore

Hi, The dump and restore commands are missing from this server under SuSE 11.4 for unknown reasons. What is the cleanest way to backup and restore filesystems? Clean means to keep all the original hard/soft links and timestamps. Is find/cpio clean enough? $ cd /source $ find . -print | cpio... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. AIX

Is there any possibilty to restore backup taken with backupby file name to any other filesystem

Hi, I have taken a backup of filesystem " /backup " by using backupby file name command on tape Mount volume 1 on /dev/rmt0. Press Enter to continue. Backing up to /dev/rmt0. Cluster 51200 bytes (100 blocks). Volume 1 on /dev/rmt0 a 0 /backup a 543 /backup/abc_log ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
3 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)